Pawn Stars Rare and unusual guitars

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Go Nigel Go, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

I actually don't much care for this show, but this episode is worth watching for the guitar enthusiast. Some really cool stuff. Be sure and pay attention to the custom shop SG about 10 minutes in... amazing. :wow:

2. Bad Penguin

Bad Penguin Well-Known Member

Ok, here's my issue with Pawn Stars and the Mary Ford SG. The guy that brought it in, was Jesse's BUSSINESS PARTNER from Cowtown guitars (Now defunct. YAY!!) Why on earth would they call in Jesse to check it out? At that point, I quite watching the show.

PermissionToLand likes this.
  3. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

Well, that's way more than I know about the show and the people involved. I have watched it a few times in hotels while traveling etc., but find it rather irritating for the most part. I was able to ignore the personalities just to see the guitars for this one episode when it came up on Youtube. It's definitely not the sort of thing I normally find interesting, kind of like all the other unreal "reality" shows. If I think too hard about it I get really ticked off when people who are only interested in the cash get really nice instruments, but don't know a D chord from a G. I try not to think too hard about it.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out it was ALL fake, but I am taking it at face value for the moment.

4. taylormike507

taylormike507 New Member

The show is all fake...I know because while my wife and I were in Vegas we went to visit the shop to see it and all of a sudden they were closing due to filming an episode. I was buying a ring for my wife and they asked us to be on the show. 4 hours later we filmed a fake one....we were on show 9 months later but it is all staged and there is nothing real to the transactions...

5. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

I personally don't watch the show anymore. Just for the record, in my opinion the show is not "fake", what it is is staged like any other TV show....by the way, it's a TV show first, it has to be or it would be boring as hell and never be on TV. They talk to real people (on the phone) who get flown in and they become part of the show, and only if they have interesting items (which makes sense for TV). The Les Paul Custom episode has been a big debate for years. I have read differing opinions about ownership, etc. Cowtown supposedly bought it themselves, not sure what true. What is true....is Mary Fords guitar was REAL and it was a real cool Gibson Les Paul Custom....and it was great to see.

Go Nigel Go likes this.