Phase Mod/Coil Split DPDT mini-switch Inquirey on SG Copy

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Mbirabira, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mbirabira

Mbirabira New Member

Hey there, I'm new here, so forgive me if something like this exists here already. I'm wondering if anyone would know of a wiring schematic for SG phase mods which utilize mini DPDT (ON/ON) switches instead of Push Pull pots. Perhaps this is an easy translation but I'm not particularly good with electronics. I'm rebuilding a S101 SG copy with entirely new guts. Two Golden Age 5 Alnico humbuckers with 4-conductor and ground output wires and 500K pots (2volume 2tone). Apparently the pick ups allow for phase and split coil modifications. Basically I'm looking to do something similar to a Frank Zappa style mod, either with coil split (mini DPDT instead of pushpull) and/or multiple phase or pole options. I want to allow for some really weird and versatile tones. I've also got a kill switch button which I'd like to incorporate onto the center of the bottom horn to play around with feedback and rhythmic stuff live. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

2. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Check the Seymour Duncan website, they have heaps of wiring diagrams. You may need to use one that has push/pull pots shown but you just wire the DPDT in the same way. I've never wired a kill switch, but I would imagine it would just go between the hot output from the toggle switch and the jack. Good luck.

Mbirabira likes this.
  3. Mbirabira

Mbirabira New Member

Thanks so much for the advice. I just checked it out and they have a lot of useful information and schematics. I'll likely be able to find one and modify it to my needs. :)

plankton likes this.