Pick any 5

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Tony M, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

84 B C Rich iron bird, metallic red and Kahler; Marshall mini stack silver jubilee; a couple of old girlfriends, and that's it. I'm a pack rat. I tend not to sell stuff. I did have a radioshack analog reverb from the 80s, some of the controls broke. That's it.

Relic61 likes this.
  2. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

A 67-69 Camaro was exactly what I started looking for (would have settled for a 70-71) but the prices for a real numbers matching or even just authentic RS/SS is crazy expensive! Even the modified Plain Jane Camaros turned into 'Tribute' SS's & Z28's were stupid money. Hell, I'll go as far as to say... Even rusted out & patched up & repainted Camaros that were once 6 cylinders & now had a 350 crate motor where mad money, just because they were vintage Camaros!

The days of finding any cheap vintage 67-71 Camaro are almost over fellas. The days for a cheap authentic SS/RS or Z-28 from those years has been over for years now.

When I found this pampered non rusted original metal Firebird Convertible she seemed like the bargain of the century compared to all those Camaros I had looked at.
    And that is how we ended up together.
    The wife likes her so it is a win-win for me.
    Happy wife, happy life!

Notes69 likes this.
  3. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

A Perfect Scenario for Bro Relic.
    My initial comments were rooted in their infancy when the 69 Z's were a mere 8-9 yr old car when I was a 14-15 year old kid.
    Since these cars could be had with headers in the trunk for under $4k new, their prices obviously had not hit the stupid range yet.

Just by Relic's statement of finding the Bird over a Z for a reasonable price,,,,,,,,,, these are the realities I have reckoned with as the next 37 years passed since my dream began.

Yay for win win scenarios coming true.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I hate the new Camaro. It doesn't have that elbow on the window sill cool factor.

5. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

The new Camaro is it's own beast but I agree.
    It went in a different direction after it crossed paths with Michael Bay.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Yet another thing destroyed by Mikey EXPLOSION Bay.

7. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

Well, we all have our standards!

So who still makes GOOD old-school Italian food in the NYC area? I used to like Oggi's and Il Vagabondo.

8. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Vagabondo is still there and still wonderful.
    also:
    Rag Time Market on Cross Bay Blvd.
    Joe's Resturant (spelling?) in Ridgewood.
    Pizza Classico on Union Tpke.
    Pellegrino's on Mulberry.
    and me.

dbb likes this.
  9. Relic61

I bought my Camaro after my Mother died (after years battling Alzheimers) & then my Father died (4 years later after battling Dementia), as a way for me to get away from the specter of death that still loomed & lingered seemingly in wait for its next victim. There was what felt like a cloud of heavy burdensome thoughts & memories that haunted & hounded me after spending 17 years taking care of both of them (they didn't want no old folks home) & slowly watching them suffer, fade away & die. Like, fvk, I'm next!:ohno: Ahhh!

Buying that 2SS brought a much needed & appreciated sensation of feeling alive, fortunate & free back into my life. For me, besides being a great gesture to myself to get back out there & LIVE while I'm alive, it is the best handling, smoothest running & faster car I've owned & is just a joy to ride in.

I realize we all have our own tastes & preferences but this is the one car that actually leaves me remarking out loud on many a so moved occasion,.. "Man, I love this fvking car!".

So, if my goal was to find something to turn thoughts from death & ultimately dying (Hey, we're all gonna do it) and bring out some thoughts of joy, excitement & appreciation for living back into life, then this car has done it's job quite well! I have zero complaints or issues with this girl & she has run flawlessly since new.

I had the 'go ahead' so we went 2SS which is a decked out SS with an RS (Rally Sport) appearance & trim package or AKA 'loaded'! LOL
    20140816_094405 (390x219).jpg

She's just a beautiful a runner as she is a looker that always puts a smile on my face.
    Right Raiyn??
    13 Camaro 2SS Mr SmileyTeeth (2) (390x265).jpg

Recently, After I ran over a Wookie,..
    2013 SS Wookie Wacker crop (390x335).jpg

We switched up looks, lost the stripes & went Cowl Induction Hood.
    '13 SS (390x389).jpg
    I can't believe DMV let me get away with that plate eh!?

I really do love this car
    Jeff's Pic (390x235).jpg

Raiyn likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It's a nice car, don't get me wrong (even in white)*, but I literally couldn't sit in the thing comfortably with my elbow on the sill. That's been since this body style came out, but I can't imagine they changed the seating position too much during the refresh. Not bagging on the car, I just fit the Challenger and the previous Mustang better. I haven't test sat the new 'Stang yet since the redesign, so I have no opinion.

Hell of a story though.:cheers:

*I've got this bad juju thing about white cars.

11. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

I drive a 2012 GMC Acadia.
    It weighs 6,450 pounds.
    You just have to plan further ahead.

chilipeppermaniac and Relic61 like this.
  12. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

Well we all think our nonna's recipes are best.

Nice to know Vagabondo's still around.

And next time I'm in the area I'll try your suggestions. Thanks!

13. Relic61

Most driving 'round here is faster speeds,long distances & open roads. I can honestly say I don't drive with my windows open because of that & the pressure & noise created by the vacuum & air movement. I prefer windows up & stereo on. So I can't even comment on or relate to your elbow issue. These are tight almost airplane like cockpits for sure although with the heated & 6 way electronic adjustable seat & both hands on the wheel slapping shifter paddles I am extremely comfortable. That Firebird is more of a driving one hand on wheel, the other on the sill with a pack of cigs rolled up in the T-shirt type of ride.

The new gen 6 Camaro is slightly even tighter with 50 more HP on the SS models with some very high tech features that have found it's way onto the car. IE: Magnetic shocks, multi mode adjustable exhaust, adjustable ride / handling & performance modes too! Even 24 different interior lighting schemes! WTF huh? LOL Just a real impressive car but... the looks of 5th gen & its paying tribute to the 1st gen Camaro have faded & now the 6th gen looks more like a Vette or something Euro, at least to my eyes, but little like a 69 Camaro any more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Fast has it's place, and I'm no stranger to the loud pedal, but I guess I'm a Cruise Night kind of guy.

15. chilipeppermaniac

I was driving a buddy's father in law's 1994 F150 Extended Cab similar to this F250 for the past 6 months or so.
    Got a call from my buddy 1 morning and he told me his father in law asked if I wanted the truck. He wound up selling it to me for 1 Dolla.

[​IMG]

syscokid likes this.
  16. Relic61

Whaaaaaat!??....

I love that truck bro! Look at those grapefruit launchers you got in that truck bed! WTH??
    My what big pipes you have.. LOL

Ain't it nice when people like you enough to look out for ya? Nice ol dude.
    And good for you brother. It's nice to see you on the plus side. Ride the wave bro....

17. Relic61

Love cruise night myself.
    We had a local club that I was in but the president got his panties in a twist (because of lack of FaceBook participation of all things) & shut the fvk'n club down like a bitch!
    Another man-puss in my life makin it suk more than it has to!

Here's a Cruise-in from last summer...

DSC00766 (2) (390x293).jpg
    DSC00712 (2) (390x293).jpg

DSC00718 (2) (390x293).jpg

DSC00756 (2) (390x276).jpg

DSC00760 (2) (390x292).jpg

DSC00753 (2) (390x233).jpg

DSC00741 (390x288) (2).jpg

DSC00790 (2) (390x293).jpg

DSC00789 (2) (390x293).jpg

Now that's some arm out the window cruisin material

Raiyn likes this.
  18. chilipeppermaniac

Barry, the truck pictured isn't mine. That is a F250 4x4. Mine is a 150 2x2 but same paint scheme n no pipes or tool box

19. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Anybody here, after reading thru a section of posts, have to scroll up all the way to the top and try to remind yourself what the thread's title and subject was originally?
    I'm constantly doing just that, with a lot of threads at ETSG... and I thinks kind of cool... :cheers:

20. Relic61

Some times you've said what needs to be said, there's nothing left to say so... Why not have a conversation with your friends eh??
    Aren't most conversations like that anyway?? And even then somebody usually stops & says,... 'Ah, what were we talking about??" LOL

Oh! I was gonna say it looks like diesel pipes but I didn't think an F-150 came with a diesel motor option. LOL
    And the body had that older square cut look to it also, which I like!

I got my F-150 in the shop. After I got the Camaro I let it sit too long. The alternator rusted immovable. That was an easy fix but as soon as I started it, the serpentine belt broke. Got a new belt shipped out. Wrong size! That belt was for that truck & motor but with the AC bypassed! Sent back, got a new one. While putting it on I find the AC is frozen solid too now! Damn, if I had only kept that first belt! LOL

But, this truck has that climate control with the select-able temperature that really needs the AC to work properly. Problem is the AC unit mounting bolts are between the motor & the rather wide cross beam support & I ain't gettin it out without a lift & some major surgery.

Just one jolly 'ol fuster cluck!

I miss working on the '70 Monte Carlo!

Raiyn likes this.