Pick guard and truss cover for 2012 Epiphone SG 400 Pro

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by Larry72, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Larry72

Larry72 New Member

Hi everyone...new to the forum. I recently bought a used 2012 Epiphone SG 400 Pro and I'm looking to replace the pick guard and truss cover. The current ones don't lay flat against the body and neck. I've looked around a bit but all the SG pick guards I've seen don't match the layout of my SG. I've included some pics of what I'm talking about.

Any recommendations on places to get Epiphone-specific SG parts that fit?

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Be well ~ Larry

2. Larry72

Larry72 New Member

For some reason the forum keeps saying my pic file size is too large...I'll try and post pics when I figure it out...

3. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

There's lots of variation in pickguards, even between the same model. The best thing is to get one matched or cut from a tracing of yours. There's a few places I've seen, but it would depend on where you are in the world if you consider shipping costs and time.

Some of the cheap Chinese ones on Ebay might work too, sometimes they have an image that shows all the measurements.

Larry72 likes this.
  4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

5. JesseXGibson

JesseXGibson Member

My input might not be as valuable as I don’t know much about aftermarket pickguards, but +1 for a look on eBay or amazon.

I’ve heard from a dealer and a couple YouTube vids a while back when I owned one, that if you have an epiphone and you buy parts from the same(ish) region online, the vast majority of them will fit.

Again I’m not sure if this still rings true today, just figured it was worth a mention.

If you can though, I’d get your current guard traced and matched.

Larry72 likes this.
  6. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

As mentioned, the best thing is to make one or have one made. The chance that the holes line up are rather slim otherwise.

Larry72 likes this.