Pimped my SG!

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Did my first gig with it a couple of weeks ago and it was awsome.
Brought my Les Paul just in case (I always have a backup) but never used it.
Played the SG all three sets and it was fantastic.

The 57 Classics are great PUs. Very nice crunch and clean up very well with just the guitar's volume knob.

I so agree... My SG sounds really fine with its upgrades. People come up after the show and ask me about it... which means it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, making things memorable. I love the cleans, and I love what happens when I step on my Blues Driver. Good choices in stealth mods.

Tenafly Viper

Reaction score
When they do the pleking, they cut the nut, so why did you get a new nut and mess up the pleking? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was part of it.

Dave

Reaction score
When they do the pleking, they cut the nut, so why did you get a new nut and mess up the pleking? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was part of it.

My nut slots were already cut a little too low.
I told them to Plek it anyways.

I got the new nut after the Plek job BUT it does not affect the frets in any way.
They Plek'd the Frets and got them perfectly level.
Adding a new nut does not undo what they did to the frets. They remain perfectly level.

Replacing a nut simply adjusts your action at that end of the fretboard. No different that adjusting the action by lowering/raising your bridge.
The frets are not touched when a new nut is installed.