Polytune Clip

frankd

Reaction score
yeah all the others will break this is more money but as usual get what ya pay for.
I need a looper and their spark boost too.

DrBGood

Reaction score
In the seventies, we tuned by ear. If the guitar we relied on to get tuned was E♭, the whole set would be played close to E♭. Then between sets I would take my tuning fork out and we'd all retune as best we could for the next set.

I played bass at the time and once in a while, the drummer would "tune" his toms from my bass, don't remember which notes though.

First band with a keyboard changed all that. Those keyboard players can be a pain in the bass sometimes.

Tom Schuster

Reaction score
Dang keyboard players....they all think there the " Amadeaus" I know I cant spell ....version of Mozart...over the years ive had maybe 3 keyboard players that I would go out of my way to see live, with 5 other friends all giggling uncontrollably "having all injested a very special fungus" all crammed into a 61 vw with no heater or windshield wiper moter capable of more than 3 cycles a minute with freezing rain and snow almost a 100 percent possibility...Pay no heed to the order here or custom spelling....Rick Wakeman, Jon Lord and probably mu favorite.,,,,,AND BILLY POWELL on the piano.........first time i saw Jon lord was in 72 or 73 on the Machine head tour..besides probably being the easily loudest....huh...concert I saw around thzt timer with Grand Funk Railroad a respectable and more healthy seconed..there was times when he had had that big ole "from where i was at sorta looked like a big chuch organ" rocking so far and keeping time in his own waythe the song being played...I dont see how it just never fell over or held together for the whole show..He treated that organ like SRV would often do to his "Number 1"....I always thought of all the keyboard players that yes seemed to have come and go thru the years that Rick Wakeman was probably the best choice for most all the music they were doing around there first several albums...because unlike a lot of (and i mean no disrespect or hateful crap Euro keyboard players Rick had a serious vein of "Honky Tonk" that I just love then and to this day...and that brings me to Billy Powell..God got one hell of a keyboard player when he passed.;..I saw skynyre several times over the years....from 73 up to around 5 years ago Ronnie and Gary , Alan and Billy the only contants over those years with others leaving , coming and gojng, it was the only band with a different line up on every albujm that only got better despite changing members over the years probaby the most interesting time I saw BP was at as bar called charlie magruders in Atlanta Ga. playing with his band named "Vision" Ive read that this tour was a "court ordered type of community service sort of thing gor a dui or something he was in trouble over. Cost about 15 buck. I sat at the bar . about 20 feet from BPs location on the stage , Id also gone to highschool with the Bartender so I had to pace myself as the jack and cokes barely contained any Coke at all...LOL it was just a freaking 3 piece baje=[ band . Keyboards , 1 Guitar, 1 bass. the guitar player amazed the **** outta me cause they played a lot of LS tunrs that had 3 Guitarist in them but it was hard to tell that I was only watching 1 guy playing all 3 parts or at least enough of the 3 to sound in no way quality wise as the songs i had seared note for note intg my brain over the years. I had been admiring that golden Eagle that had ben with Billy like another bandmember that was always placed ont the top of BPs piano top and was hit by lotw of spots when Freebird finally started to play and thought if was cool that this iconic piece of his set was still on the job but never expect them to try to do the song justice with only 1 guitar but by god they played the ass off that song..never underestimate what 3 musicians and one golden, mounted Eagle are actually capable of. or how long I can go on and on and on in response in almost no way related to what the original subject of the post was the first place .... lol ...i have a talent for picking up on somesmall mention or statement in a story , tales of experience s over the years that just must not have only happened to me and my cabal of the time.. but ive come to the conclusion that a lot of the odd .double take , WTF experiience's ive found me self to be questioning if this was real or was this feaky deeky **** was now =burned permanately into my memory. I keep throwing some of them out there and in normally only a few days now Ill see people keeping a way over the top " safety type buffer zones between myself and them and there familys MD. ewwwwwwwwwwwww end of rant ..yall got off easy this time cause its been a long , damned hot and muggy day. have a goodun and Ill try and restrain my responsive's before they become short storys....no promises though... billy-powel-lynyrd-skynyerd.jpg jon-lord-1973.jpg billy-powel-lynyrd-skynyerd.jpg jon-lord-1973.jpg rick_wakeman_2.jpg billy-powel-lynyrd-skynyerd.jpg jon-lord-1973.jpg rick_wakeman_2.jpg rick_wakeman_2.jpg

Tom Schuster

Reaction score
Damned if I know why these pics are here multiple times I posted them once each , clicked on the show them all full size and <<<<<<< BA BA BA BOOOOOOM!!!>>>>>>> theres a page as viewed while under the influence of some old school microdot. I will not delve any further into my mention of "microdot" if you know well.....you know........LOL

DrBGood

Reaction score
blink.gif

Latest posts