Post your Gibson SG’s!

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Awesome!!!
Perhaps we should get this thread stickied so people know where to post their guitars?

bwotw

Reaction score
Left: 2006 SG Classic (modded, refinished)
Right: 2012 Derek Trucks SG
6Oo6gDj.jpg

My God, you knocked the mods out of the park with these two!! The Classic with the wraparound and the DT with the pickguard and without the weird non-funcional vibrola plate... Classy and awesome, congrats!!!!

pancake81

Reaction score
I haventh posted in a bit, but I'll bite.
full

full

The Fireburst is needing a new nut for the 3rd time and I'm kinda tired of replacing them. Probably going to try the tusq because for whatever reason the titanium isn't durable enough.

Always liked that SGS3 Logan. She’s a beaut

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I haventh posted in a bit, but I'll bite.
full

full

The Fireburst is needing a new nut for the 3rd time and I'm kinda tired of replacing them. Probably going to try the tusq because for whatever reason the titanium isn't durable enough.
Have you disabled the trem on the S3?

ding

Reaction score
My God, you knocked the mods out of the park with these two!! The Classic with the wraparound and the DT with the pickguard and without the weird non-funcional vibrola plate... Classy and awesome, congrats!!!!

Thanks mate! So I got the DT SG at a store in Edmonton, Canada - I really loved how thin it is and how well it plays. But I always found it looked a bit weird with the missing pickguard and the vibrola plate, so I removed that one and added a 5-ply pickguard.

I also replaced the humbucker covers with aged nickel covers and their mounting rings with Les Paul "M-69" rings or whatever they are called - essentially they are taller and make your humbuckers stick out less. I saw it on a Dickey Betts SG once and liked the look of it.

TubeStack

Reaction score
Thanks! They are cool SGs. I like the thicker body/sound and sturdier neck joint. This is the guitar I started on and my daughter is now starting learning on it, too.

I just ordered a set of SD Antiquities for it, looking forward to trying them.

Corporal Scratchy

Reaction score
A great family of SGs for sure. Can you list them please? You an Angus fan by any chance? :D

Stephen

Reaction score
A great family of SGs for sure. Can you list them please? You an Angus fan by any chance? :D
Haha, yeah a big AC/DC nut :smile:

2009 Angus Young SG, 2009 Angus Young SG Custom, 1965 Gibson SG Standard, 2005 SG Standard (I have a Bigsby that I put onto that one, hence the screw holes), 2005 Gibson SG 61’ Custom and a Japanese Made Epiphone SG with the Gibson Headstock rather than the Epiphone.

Latest posts