Primal Scream the band.???

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by JohnnyGoo, Jul 27, 2015.

1. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

anyone know of these guys ? i dont know what you would call there style of music but i liked it.kinda Psycobilly. they were on a show called Live from Abby Road. AXS TV channel.had the Steriophonics,Glasvegas,matchbox twenty.

mdubya likes this.
  2. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

Shite is the word you're looking for...

The worst live band I've ever seem by a very long distance. One New years Eve, paid loads of money to see the year in at Ali Pali in North London, lots of music, early on we had Ian Brown (Stone Roses) then Primal Scream came on to see the New Year in; utter shite, everyone booed and just left to drink at the bars - the lead singer was a wanker...

3. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

These guys? Seem a good christian band....
    Link is somewhat NSF---you have been warned

mdubya likes this.
  4. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

really.ya there kinda different for sure.maybe it was there lead guitar player and that big black Gibby 335 what i liked.

5. potatofarmer

potatofarmer Member

I love Primal Scream, but their albums have been hit or miss. They started out trying to copy the Stones and had limited success until they decided to integrate electronic music. Screamadelica is absolutely phenomenal. Then they decided to try the Stones thing again ("Rocks") and everyone hated it so they went back to electronic (Vanishing Point, Exterminator) and that's mostly what they've stuck with ever since.

I saw them a month or two back and they put on a phenomenal show. Goldtop into a (tape) Space Echo into a Plexi - fantastic stuff. Their lead guitarist died a few years back but the (former) rhythm guitarist hits all the riffs just fine.

mdubya likes this.
  6. peejaybee

peejaybee Well-Known Member

That might have been Barrie Cadogan:

Madmatt likes this.
  7. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

I love Primal Scream. Give out but Don't Give Up was a great record. They change their style from record to record, so I don't think they can easily be labeled. Even that record focused on sleazy guitar driven songs, but diverged for some George Clinton produced funk for the title track.

A few of my favorites: