Question about Precision Guitar Kits SG kit - school me about the body shape

youngflyer

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I am entertaining the idea of building an SG style kit and Precision Guitar Kits seems to have a candidate. That said, I think I remember reading here that SG aficionados/purists/obsessives criticizing the kit for having an incorrect body shape. I must admit that when I look at the pictures of the body on the kit page it looks pretty close to me, but I fear that I lack the experience/knowledge to see the differences as I am not particularly knowledgeable about the SG. Can some of you guys explain the differences to me? I'd be very grateful if you could.

Thanks!

Silvertone

Reaction score
I cannot find a decent picture of the Precision SG kit. They look quite strange from the pictures on their site and when shown next to a Gibson SG body shape. They look even more strange.

Here is a body I cut based on a 63 Gibson SG compared to the Precision kit posted on their site. Keep in mind my shot is pretty much head on and the Precision is quite a bit off to the side. You may want to contact them to send you a head on picture. They may do this on purpose because, either they are very close, or they are not very close. ;-)
Precision SG compared.jpg

Cheers Peter

Norton

Reaction score
yeah... I'd get a pic straight from precision.

They've changed that shape like 4 times on their website.

Latest posts