Rare Ibanez LP

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Von Trapp, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

Not that this is on ebay, or an SG or even anything but a fair enough price, but if anyone is looking for a kick ass LP then here's one. Not only are they extremely rare but feel and sound like you wouldn't believe.

https://reverb.com/item/17868237-ibanez-no-2651-1976-cherrywood

I happen to have one myself. When I got it I thought it would be a nice guitar to have until I could afford a "real" LP but after plugging it in and hitting the strings I realized a) absolutely NO need to get a Gibson instead later and b) Never selling this, they're gonna have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Also it looks good!

2. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

well said, Von Trappe.

I almost bought an Ibanez ES 175 clone when I was hunting a Hollow or Semi hollow guitar. It was truly a beautiful guitar but just a few hundred dollars more than I wanted to spend, plus it had a super narrow nut.

Pretty sure it was the 2355M https://reverb.com/item/34841180-ibanez-2355m-hollow-body-1978-natural

In contrast, I wound up with a Memphis made Gibson ES 135 at less price and a wider nut, Classic 57 pickups and it feels really good.

Had the price of the Ibby been closer to 1k than 1500 I might have jumped on it.
    Absolutely beautiful Japanese craftsmanship.

3. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

4. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

I got mine from an old friend. He played it in my first band and sometimes I got to borrow it. Back then it was just a guitar so what did I know (was 17) Almost 30 years later I asked him Hey, still got that Ibanez? He said yea, I think so, must be in the attic somewhere. Sh!t, care to sell it? And is it a set neck or a Michael? (Bolton) Dunno, I'll check....

So not only is it a kick ass guitar but also special to me. Super distortion in the bridge. They sold them with those here. Has a sticker on the back saying "Dimarzio powered"

20140301_162651.jpg
    20140427_112235.jpg

He had one of those double necks but sold it, probably for a third of what that one in the ad costs...

5. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

Back in the 70's I bought one of those, used from a friend....the exact same one with the bolt on necks. I used it for a few years, it was really nice, probably had the lowest action I've ever had in a guitar where the strings could still play cleanly. I did have one issue...I am 5'6" tall, the case was so wide it would drag on the floor as I carried the guitar, so I had to slightly cock my arm to carry it LOL....sad but true. I also had a 70's Ibanez Artist, and a few others. They made some really good copies back then, usually quite heavy guitars also.

chilipeppermaniac likes this.
  6. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

This Ibanez Artist AR400 is an awesome guitar :shock: :dude:

[​IMG]