RIP Dusty Hill

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Worblehat, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Really sad to read the news this morning. Dusty Hill of that little ol' band from Texas passed away.

The first time I had a chance to see ZZ Top was in 2017 and I missed it which I regretted later. Fortunately in 2019 they did the 50th Anniversary Tour in Europe and I got tickets. It was one of the most memorable concerts I've been to. They absolutely rocked. It was such a joy to watch these three great musicians play together. And it's incredible that they did this for the last 52 Years without any changes in the line up.

I was already anxiously waiting for new tour dates. So that won't happen now I guess. All the more grateful I am that I at least saw them once.

Here's a photo my girlfriend took at that show:

[​IMG]

RiP

Attached Files:

2. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Well-Known Member

Sad news, saw that yesterday.
    They were scheduled to be in a town near us this fall and my wife and I were thinking about going.

3. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, new hearing aid project - exciting
    It just occurred to me that Marco Hietala from Nightwish quit that band not long ago, and his hair and beard are way longer than poor old Dusty's. Maybe he could stand in. This is a shame though. ZZ Top is not my favourite band I have to say, but it is always sad to see a trooper fall.