Robby Krieger Gibson SG

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by AxRab, Jul 22, 2008.

1. AxRab

AxRab Member

Last year Robby came thru town and played my venue, he told me that he had a "Gibson SG Robby Krieger Model" coming out in a couple months, well, now its been a year later and no guitar......

I just had lunch with somebody close to Robby and he said they are trying to get the electrics worked out and hopefully it will be in production and on the market before years end.

For me, this is pretty cool, my first guitar was an SG, I saved money from my paper route to get that guitar , and Robbie was the first person I identified with the SG guitar, thereafter Clapton, Townsend, Iommi, Zappa and Angus but it was Robby who was the first.......

I know I'm looking forward to it!

2. q-4000-SG Guy

q-4000-SG Guy New Member

an article from Oct 23 2007
    "Are you eyeing any new guitars or new gear lately?

RK: I have a new guitar that Gibson is gonna put out that's modeled after my guitar, actually an SG. It's gonna be a little different than that one [Krieger points to his current SG - photo below], but it's gonna look like that. Its gonna be my model. Finally. Never had one before! So, it should be cool. I'm always looking for something, but I haven't found it yet."
    [​IMG]

my guess is Gibson, in there infinite wisdom, decided to go with the reverse V! or maybe Gibson didn't want another SG besides the Angus Sig. to have a tremolo (in regular production)

3. TNT

TNT Active Member

It will probably be as "regular production" as the Elliot Easton SG is.