RockinRobert...reporting for duty ;-)

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by RockinRobert, Jul 7, 2007.

1. RockinRobert

RockinRobert Member

Hi all, I am new here to the forum. Just bought a new SG Classic a couple months ago. I am loving the heck out of it so far. I can't believe what a genuine Gibson it is for under a grand. It has a one piece body and the neck is just perfect. It is also very well balanced, which was my biggest fear in buying an SG.
    My only other Gibson was a '55 Goldtop...but alas she is gone. Makes me ill to see what they are worth these days :cry: I just ordered the Gibson HS case from GC for $129, seemed like a good deal. I had bought an SKB case for it but I didn't like the way the guitar fit so I sent it back and then found the Gibson case for only a few bucks more.
    I play the SG through a Fender Super Reverb Reissue and use a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive and a Budda Wah for pedals.
    Here is a link to my gear page if you care to take a look, it tells my story in a bit more detail. Pics soon! http://rockin-robert.tripod.com/ Thanks for having me! bOb

2. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

Hi Bob. shame about the 55. nice collection of gear you have. welcome to here! ;) :)

3. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

Welcome Bob ( Cool, you can spell your name frontwards or backwards!.) I'm from Illinois too!

4. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Right on RR,
    Welcome aboard!

Neo

5. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Great to have you here.
    I really enjoyed your sound clips. Particularly the "Les Paul Blues".
    You've had some great friends I see. Nice pics as well.
    You are just a bit older than me, but having an older sister, I was introduced to Rick Derringer, Edger Winter, Ronnie Montrose/Sammy Hagar and the like early in life. Great Guitarists all. You don't sound so bad yourself.
    Again....Welcome!!
    Other groups of the 70's I enjoyed were UFO, Legs Diamond, Pat Travers. Groups like these showed the way for hard rockers like me.

6. RockinRobert

RockinRobert Member

Thank you all for the nice words.
    Weasel, I take it you're from Chi-Town? If so I am about 135 miles south of you.
    Laney, when you mentioned UFO and Pat Travers, you won me over immediately! 8) UFO's Strangers in the Night is ALMOST as classic a live album as Live at Leeds. Don't flame me guys, I said ALMOST ;D
    Even though I started playing before the British Invasion, I still am stuck on the classic 70's rockers. As horrible as it might sound, Kiss Alive was the album that got me into playing lead guitar. Easy stuff to cut your teeth on. I absolutely despised them before I saw them live in '75. Their show changed my mind :D I hope I can contribute something here. Humbly rocking till I die, bOb.

7. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG RockinRobert! :) :) :)

8. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

welcome Rob ... O0 I just sweep up around here and do get to finnish off what anyone leaves in the bottom of the bottles!

9. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

[quote author=RockinRobert link=topic=14165.msg183920#msg183920 date=1184021278]
    Thank you all for the nice words.
    Weasel, I take it you're from Chi-Town? If so I am about 135 miles south of you.
    Laney, when you mentioned UFO and Pat Travers, you won me over immediately! 8) UFO's Strangers in the Night is ALMOST as classic a live album as Live at Leeds. Don't flame me guys, I said ALMOST ;D
    Even though I started playing before the British Invasion, I still am stuck on the classic 70's rockers. As horrible as it might sound, Kiss Alive was the album that got me into playing lead guitar. Easy stuff to cut your teeth on. I absolutely despised them before I saw them live in '75. Their show changed my mind :D I hope I can contribute something here. Humbly rocking till I die, bOb.
    [/quote]

Uh......Nothing wrong with being a Kiss Fan. Ace Frehley is the reason I play guitar!! The first Kiss song I ever heard was Cold Gin on the Alive Album. I became a Fan with Destroyer. Detroit Rock City and King of the Night Time World and God of Thunder were 3 in a row Side A that forever hooked me ;) I still remember teaching myself to play "She". It was the moment I knew I could figure out anything eventually (I had been playing about 1 1/2 years). I started getting cocky when I learned to play Parasite.
    Ah....the days of my youth....lol
    Glad your here.

10. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Replace The Manhood Word above with C.O.C.K.Y.
    I guess the editor decided it was a bad word. Actually what it replaced it with made it dirty!! ;)

11. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

whew thanks for clairifying that. i was thinking that only minus the Y.

12. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Ahem........
    I'm a happily married man to a wonderful WOMAN!!!

See what happens when you put machines make decisions!!

13. paradox

paradox Active Member

Welcome Rob,

sorry about the 55 too. fixed up by Erlewine? Damn you get around too, good stuff.
    Enjoy the place!!