Seek identification of this strange acoustic stated as Fender

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by sazista, Dec 7, 2020.

1. sazista

sazista Active Member

Hi folks,
    There is a guy selling this thing cheap, and he said it says "Fender" somewhere on it. It doesn't look like a Fender. He hasn't been able to get me clear pictures yet because he says it's in a storage space. That of course brings up all kinds of issues, but I'm not here to talk about that! I just want to know if anyone has ever seen a Fender, or any other guitar like this? I've looked at Fender headstocks on their more exotic models but they often have an open book (Gibson-like) cut out on the top of the head stock. Any information that helps me identify this thing is greatly appreciated. I won't be able to see it until Saturday.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Active Member

Doesn't look like any Fender I ever saw, but then I haven't seen everything yet either. It does look interesting though. Any chance you could inspect it and try it out before purchase? That would be my personal inclination in such a case. Of course if the price is low enough to pay for "wall art" it might be worth a flyer even sight unseen. If I had to guess, it looks Japanese. possibly even of decent quality. It certainly doesn't look "cheap-o".

3. everdying

everdying Well-Known Member

with a generic OM / Orchestra shape, it really could be anything.
    the bridge also looks typical of some Fender Orchestra models.
    and assuming that overlay is added on, the headstock could also have been reshaped a little...
    guess best is to wait til u can view it to see if theres any identifying sticker in the soundhole etc.

4. sazista

sazista Active Member

Yeah, I'm really interested in meeting this thing. Finding 'deals' on quality instruments isn't common in Chile, where I am. It does look like that lighter piece was an afterthought on the headstock. But I'll check this out, and get back to you all.