Reaction score
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/Gibson USA Introduces the 2008/

SG%20diablo.JPG

Product page:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/divisions/gibson usa/products/sg/sg diablo/

SG333

Reaction score
Just perused the "new" gibson site and checked out the Diablo SG -

I like the 24 fret option, but I'm not a gold hardware guy. I like the painted headstock and no pickguard look. I'm not sure about the knobs and selector switch - I'd have to actually play the thing before I could comment on that.

At least there's another cool SG available.

snodly

Reaction score
Very preety guitar, only could wish to have the money to buy that thing though.

fatnecks

Reaction score
I had a MV/MT Gibson once (LP Classic DC) and I didn't like it. I guess I'm too into the Duane A sounds of both pickups on with the neck pup a little bit backed off. Can't do that with MV.

mcd

Reaction score
Ugh, another pos collectors toy, at a ridiculous price too. Do you think that Gibson will ever make a new guitar that isn't some variation of their 50 year old designs?

Reaction score
Whats with guitar companies putting the volume knob right next to the pick up? I'm sure I'm not the only one who sometimes accidentally bumps it, when I'm playing. Seems like a pretty big design flaw.

And it's kinda tacky too

ESSER

Reaction score
that knob would get right in the way, and those bevels can kiss my a**.

madguitarsolo

Reaction score
Going against the grain here but I like it quite a lot. I think it really is different, and not a poor excuse for a 'new' SG like an extra pickup in a special painted white.

Red devil

Reaction score
An igloo in the Canadian wilderness of Vancouver
[quote author=Laney1566 link=topic=16253.msg205602#msg205602 date=1202602710]
The knob location sucks!!! Had my Strat converted to avoid it. YES IT IS IN THE WAY GIBSON!!!
[/quote]Totally agree. My first guitar was, like most kids these days, a crappy strat knockoff. I HATED the knob being there. If you go a little too crazy with the picking, you hit it. Strat knobs have those rough lines on the sides which makes it worse. I've started bleeding from those stupid knobs. Of course, my picking is more controlled now and it might not be a huge deal.

AS90

Reaction score
[quote author=Red devil link=topic=16253.msg205611#msg205611 date=1202608756]
Totally agree. My first guitar was, like most kids these days, a crappy strat knockoff. I HATED the knob being there. If you go a little too crazy with the picking, you hit it. Strat knobs have those rough lines on the sides which makes it worse. I've started bleeding from those stupid knobs. Of course, my picking is more controlled now and it might not be a huge deal.
[/quote]

I usually take the volume knob off my Strats, I fit a pot with a smooth shaft.

Darryl

Reaction score
I think GOTM will be better than GOTW though... Hopefully at least.

hethaerto

Reaction score
I'm happy to see Gibson finally take the SG to the next level by carving it's top out a little bit.

I've always felt the SG was a great looking "plank".

A year and a half ago I made as many waves as I could on the internet about asking Gibson for a carved-top SG. People so often complain about Gibson not listening to it's customers, but I feel Gibson has been listening to me! :D

txmack

Reaction score
Not for me. One of the highlights of my new '61, after playing PRS santana III's for the past year, has been rediscovereing how much more versatile
the four knob system is.

I like the carve okay, but I don't like painted guitars...I like to see wood...and to have wood.

Couldn't say if the knob placement would bother me. If they were tinkering with the greates guitar design in history...they should have putt the selector switch on the upper bout like a Paul, that is the one thing I miss, soo easy to switxh mid solo that way.

strat les sg

Reaction score
I like the carve top it makes it look classier compared to a flat cheap look,moving the toggle would be much better but that would mean more wood to route,well worth if something can be done

Latest posts