SG neck dive solution

Relic61

Reaction score
Yup. Buy a good guitar, you should also buy a good strap and amp (both matching the color of guitar). I would also add one should buy:
- new picks (matching the color of guitar)
- a new guitar cable (matching the color of guitar)
- a new capo (matching the color of guitar)

I do that with all my guitars. Examples:

12-DECEMBER-red.jpg

9-blue.jpg

use-1095.jpg
OCD much??

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
LMAO @ Howie Mandel,

Relic, I bet I cannot find an Amp to match this guitar. Heck even the pups don't match on it.

Attachments

• km beauty.jpg
    km beauty.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 5

Relic61

Reaction score
LMAO @ Howie Mandel,

Relic, I bet I cannot find an Amp to match this guitar. Heck even the pups don't match on it.
That is a OK buddy. It is for playing, not posing!
Quit washing your hands & practice some scales or something!
You will be ok. breathe in... release...
repeat until calm.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Nah, it's not OCD. It's really ACTSBILB -- All Colors The Same Because It Looks Better.

PICT0662fix.jpg

If it was OCD, then the Vox cable wouldn't be allowed and you'd have to buy a PBR Rickenbacker like mine. :)

Body 3.jpg

I use a suede backed strap on my SG Standard, though it seems to balance fine as it is. In fact I have a Tele that had a bit of a neck dive when I put a fatter neck on it (quite a light body). Same finish as the inside of the Esquire strap in this photo:

SG and Esquire.jpg

Last edited:

NMA

Reaction score
Because matching colors help us play & sound better! Everybody knows that.
Just play the fvkin thing will ya

Boy, you sure are not a rock and roll fan. You sure miss a major point about rock and roll. --- the look. Time for a little education:

1647786442700.png

1647786620078.png

1647786717994.png

1647786562936.png

If you think "just play the darn thing" is the ethos of rock and roll, then you should just be a classical music lover (and even those folks go for a look). This thing called rock and roll is certainly not for you.

Les’s Nemisis

Reaction score

NMA

Reaction score
Because matching colors help us play & sound better! Everybody knows that.
Just play the fvkin thing will ya

Hmm, I bet I sound better than you on the Fourth Of July, because I break out my red, white, and blue Fourth of July gear:

PICT0718use.jpg

Last edited:

Relic61

Reaction score
Boy, you sure are not a rock and roll fan. You sure miss a major point about rock and roll. --- the look. Time for a little education:

View attachment 47583

View attachment 47585

View attachment 47586

View attachment 47584

If you think "just play the darn thing" is the ethos of rock and roll, then you should just be a classical music lover (and even those folks go for a look). This thing called rock and roll is certainly not for you.
You are absolutely right. I never liked or got into the pretentious dress up look at me silliness. But I love the music & I've been playing & performing it for closing in on 50 years now. I just won't get carried away dressing up like somebody I'm not in an attempt to impress people. My attitude & presence is real enough on it's own especially at this point in life, but of course I get why people do it & there is nothing wrong with that either, just aint my thang.

I guess I could easily partly blame some of that on my sisters liking KISS at an early age & if they liked something well.. reason enough not to right!? lol But Hey, I never liked actors either man, 'let's pretend!' never grabbed me like music does.

To me, phony is phony & pretend & posing is just that too, but music is quit simply able to be so much much more, especially when it comes from the heart & is played with conviction & emotion. It has the ability to touch & move us. Lift us up, sooth, excite, motivate, transcend, elevate and maybe most spectacularly, allow us to remember & recall the past with fantastic detail. I mean, what kind of magic is that eh??

The color of my guitar, chord & amp matter not to me & neither does the type, or brand of the guitar if it allows me to play to the best of my ability, be expressive & emotive &, it doesn't get in the fvking way with any BS issues like crappy tone or not staying in tune.

Cool is in the confidence & you don't need pretty **** to truly be confident & cool.
The guitar simply needs to be the right tool for the job. Anything beyond that is jack'n yerself off. Which is fine too if it makes ya happy. Whackitty whack, don't hold back.

Like they say now, I'm a believer in 'you do you'. And believe me, I'm fine with that (& hopefully you know that I am just having fun with you & not sincerely bust'n any gnads). . But..
I do have to do & be true to who & what I am & I've strongly felt that way since my teens.

So that means... (sadly for some) I won't be wearing spandex, putting on make-up, cross-dressing, disguising myself as an alien, poofing up/dying my hair green, color matching my gear or otherwise pretending to be anything other than the rock 'n roll ass kick'n hillbilly mutha fvkin guitar play'n mountain man that I am for the time I have left here on earth.

All fun aside, remember, there are no real fvking rules or ethos when it comes to making good music! You don't NEED to dress like a pretentious clown to fit in. Just play well, enjoy yourself & come from the heart & people WILL respond.
But of course, looking good never hurt anybody either!

Rock On Mutha Fvkaz!

Relic61

Reaction score
Hmm, I bet I sound better than you on the Fourth Of July, because I break out my red, white, and blue Fourth of July gear:

PICT0718use.jpg
I usually just wear a patriotic shirt & take it from there.
Hopefully that's not seen too much like I'm selling out to look 'cool/happening' because in reality, I am that 'patriotic' guy that wears stuff like that in various forms anyway.
'Merica! & Rock 'n Roll!

NMA

Reaction score
You are absolutely right. ....

You mention "pretentious" numerous times in your post. Wearing cool clothes or shades is not pretentious in anyway. Elvis wore cool suits in his hep-cat early days. Led Zep wore blue jeans. Hendrix always wore a cool headband. Why do you consider that pretentious?

I never liked KISS at all, but I was never bothered by their make up. You seem to miss the fact that rock and roll is not education; it's not a part of the medical field; it's not a military branch. It's entertainment! Yes, it is art, but art should also entertain in order to reach a wider audience.

A part of rock and roll is show business. Whatever per centage one wants to put on that is up to them. But you seem to feel 0% of rock and roll is entertainment/show business. That's absurd. Even Dylan strapped on a super cool futuristic looking Stratocaster and went electric.

Latest posts