SG Standard pots question.

uber_noober

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm new here.

As a long time player of a lefty Tokai MIK '61 SG (unfortunately in my home country, far far away) I intend on grabbing an 'Inspired by Gibson' SG (in alpine white, as a lefty this is very exciting).

I also intend to get a DiMarzio SD slapped in the bridge when I take it for a proper set-up :naughty:

Does anyone know if the CTS pots are 500k or 250k? Not sure I'll need to replace them too. I messaged Epiphone customer service a while ago and no reply, but I'd like to buy everything at once on payday before my girlfriend notices :rofl:

Also if anyone has comments on the quality comparison to MIK Tokai's I'd love to hear it.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

plankton

Reaction score
The pots will be 500K.

MIC Tokais and the new IBG Epiphones are a similar level of quality, not sure about the Korean Tokais though.

Derald

Reaction score
They are 500k CTS pots but they are wired ‘lefty’. The pots are all linear. Which is not a big deal for volume but the tone pots don’t act right when they’re linear. They are not linear to our ears and they are very much all or nothing on the tone. The volume pots are ok as is.

I rewire my lefty pots using proper CTS audio pots ‘right handed’. A set of CTS pots shouldn’t be very expensive, and the rest of the wiring can be reused (switch, jack, caps).