SG Voodoo

Robert Nunn

Reaction score
I know these came out long ago but the newer Voodoos look pretty good. Doesn't seem to be alot of reviews and info on them though. Does anyone know how many were produced in the "limited run?" Does anyone have any first hand experience on the newer ones? Thinking of getting one. Can't even find any info on the Gibson website about it.

Hola Vibrola

Reaction score
I know these came out long ago but the newer Voodoos look pretty good. Doesn't seem to be alot of reviews and info on them though. Does anyone know how many were produced in the "limited run?" Does anyone have any first hand experience on the newer ones? Thinking of getting one. Can't even find any info on the Gibson website about it.

No experience, but looks like it's basically the red cosmetics that distinguish it, along with the Richlite fretboard and the "Voodoo" humbuckers, don't know what their specs are but one review (4 out of 5) terms them "aggressive." Also, a "fast neck." Ideally you'll get to play one before buying. Good luck!

Robert Nunn

Reaction score
No experience, but looks like it's basically the red cosmetics that distinguish it, along with the Richlite fretboard and the "Voodoo" humbuckers, don't know what their specs are but one review (4 out of 5) terms them "aggressive." Also, a "fast neck." Ideally you'll get to play one before buying. Good luck!
Yea, on the research I found, the Voodoo isn't for me. Im not a metal player and the pickups don't fit what Im looking for. Thanks for your reply.

Latest posts