Should I Buy a Bass???

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Superb!

I look forward to that NBD and NBAD thread (funnily enough, I'll be doing something similar, though very much less impressive, meself soon).

1000W??? That must be a joke, mustn't it???

Please expound on your quest for a Bass...

My Bass is on the truck for delivery, but the amp won't be in until next week...

Heket

Reaction score
1000W??? That must be a joke, mustn't it???

Bass watts don't go as far as guitar watts so 1000W, whilst still in the very high category, is nothing like 1000W would be in a guitar amp. I think a rough estimate is something like 3 - 4x more wattage needed for bass sound to carry the same amount as guitar. My basic practice amp that I use with my bass at rehearsals is 40W and it can barely compete with a bunch of ukuleles. I have 250W for gigs, but I still use it at home quite happily.

My Bass is on the truck for delivery, but the amp won't be in until next week...

Welcome the the low end...

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
As a sidenote, I had a dream last night where I acquired a fretless bass...I need one.
Shop around. I found a great fretless Fender STD Jazz Bass (MiM) for $300 some years back.
MOvJa8j.jpg

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Well I received the Bass and MAN am I Happy! Scored this for a little more than half what a new one costs and it looks Brand New and Un-played!!! What a score and what fun this is going to be to chug away on when my Amp comes next week! A few pics of my own...

20160805_145356.jpg 20160805_145445.jpg 20160805_145429.jpg

Bettyboo

Reaction score
Please expound on your quest for a Bass...

Your bass has arrived, and it looks great, really really nice. Lovely wood on the body, and the bridge/saddles look really nice too.

Mine are on a plane, hope they are here next week; nothing as nice as your gear though...

Bettyboo

Reaction score
^ I've been looking at those amps, and they do look really cool - should make you a millionaire too by driving out all the people in the area, so house/land prices become really low and you can buy up the entire area...

smitty_p

Reaction score
Sp8ctre,

Nice bass! Also, good choice on the active p'ups. I may differ from some people, but I prefer active pickups on a bass. We bought this LTD (by ESP) bass for my son last Christmas. The active pickups really lend a clear punchiness to the sound.

Tony M

Reaction score
Bass schmass.
I'm gonna get a mackerel Instead.

Hector

Reaction score
If I had to get a bass (which I doubt I would, am not much good with a scale over a 24.75!) I would go with a Warwick.. they're gorgeous and make an incredible sound..

Latest posts