So… I pulled the trigger.

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by Grizzlyman, Oct 15, 2021.

1. MR D

MR D Active Member

Wow, thats SHARP !...and not a Fender !
    U kno, I always thought the one PRINCE played was a Fender Telecaster but I heard recently its a Hofner ? Whatever it is, it Sounds Great , for a single coil P-Up Guitar, whichever brand it is...Prince may have put a Humbucker in his ? Like Keef did on Micawber.

Grizzlyman likes this.
  2. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

If it sounds good, looks good and feels good - it's good. So hard to say until you play it. In any case chicks won't know the difference so more money for beer for you. Clearly a win.

Go Nigel Go and Grizzlyman like this.
  3. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Active Member

Haha, hard to fault that logic! I’ll find out about most of those points when it hopefully arrives next week, unless the French fishermen get all militant!!!

4. Decadent Dan

Decadent Dan Active Member

“ Takumi Suetsugu, Prince's guitar tech, has remarked that it is the best Telecaster he has ever played. The pickups have been replaced. First, with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups and later Kinman Traditional pickups. A third pickup was also added under the pickguard for noise cancelling purposes, but this was later removed. “

http://guitarcloud.org/equipment/hohner-madcat

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Grizzlyman likes this.
  5. MR D

MR D Active Member

Interesting D.D., where they Humbucker Pickup's at any point ? I tired to get a close up look from a few vids b4 I posted these questions and it was taking too long.....PRINCE' Telecatser was/is is a HOFNER? (Clarity is what impresses me most on that axe). Thats the same Company that made McCartney's Violin Bass, way back when dinosaurs roamed, yes?