SOLD!! FS; 2018 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Excellent to Mint Condition -- Price Drop

gaincontrol

Reaction score
Gibson USA Les Paul Standard 2018 -- Heritage Cherry Sunburst - Quality Craftsmanship. - Hand Selected AAA Top -- Very Highly Flamed Maple Top -- Unmistakable Les Paul Tone

$2000 obo + $50 shipping - I'm sure we can come to a mutual arrangement. on your purchase. Shipping to location in Continental US address only.
Venmo, or other, or Paypal

When I say Excellent to Mint Condition I am not exaggerating the least bit!

This is MY GUITAR -- not something purchased on a site and listed for sale a couple days after....I'm an owner and not a flipper

Guitar purchased new from a brick and mortar store. This guitar consistently out performed the others I played in a few shops that day. And it still performs in this same or even better way today. Plus, this guitar stays in tune!

Construction and Finish Quality is EXCELLENT. This guitar has NO FRETWARE, NO BREAKS, NO DINGS, NO NOTICEABLE SCRATCHES, NO CHIPS

This guitar has spent most of its life in its Gibson case in my smoke-free and pet-free home. It has NEVER been gigged or even played on a guitar strap. Being in my 70s, my playing has become infrequent and takes place while sitting with my amp in the spare bedroom. But my passion for guitars continues. I take care of my music equipment and instruments! Most of my time now, given that I'm retired, is spent with my grandchildren.

The guitar is stock except for my replacing the cream pick guard with a clear pick guard so the finish is protected but the flame shows through. The original Gibson cream pick guard is included.

The frets of all Gibsons of late are now PLEK'D. Nevertheless, I had the guitar professionally setup by a local Gibson tech. The nut was adjusted so that the "G" and "B" strings move freely, stay intone, and intonate properly!!!

It's tone and its sustain can be heard when playing unplugged and certainly heard when amplified.

This 2018 Les Paul Standard is true to its traditional heritage. Plus it goes a few steps further by incorporating some modern features without sacrificing the traditional heritage and LP Standard Tone.

Coil tapped BurstBucker Pros and Locking Grover Tuners are combined with the premium hand selected (a special run) AAA Maple top.

When the coil taps are not engaged -- this LP Standard retains its traditional tone and sustain.

COSMETIC CONDITION

This guitar is in excellent to mint condition. There are some light pick scuffs on the lower left bout and light scuffs around the pickup selector switch. These can only be seen from a certain angle when hit just right with light. You know what I mean...you need to look real hard to see them. On the upper bout near the strap button there is a pin hole size dot that shows up white. It might have been thee when purchased but I want to note all these things to you. The back is clean. NONE OF THESE SCUFFS MENTIONED ARE VISIBLE HEAD-ON. TO BE SEEN, YOU HAVE TO REALLY EXAMINE THE GUITAR AT EVERY ANGLE WITH PERFECT ANGLED LIGHT AND CLOSE UP SO THAT YOUR NOSE IS RIGHT AT THE BODY!

SPECIFICATIONS

Model: Gibson USA Les Paul Standard 2018 - Right hand guitar

Serial Number: SN 180006647

Finish Color: Heritage Cherry Sunburst with Nitrocellulose

Weight: 8.51 lbs.

Top Wood is Hand Selected: Carved AAA Flame Maple

Body Wood: Mahogany with Weight Relief

Neck Wood: Mahogany

Neck Shape: Asymmetrical Slim Taper

Neck Dimensions: .800" at 1st fret; .890" at 12th fret

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Fingerboard Radius: Compound 10-16

Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids

Width at Nut: 1.695"

Scale Length: 24.75:

Number of Frets: 22 frets; PLEK'D; Cryogenically treated to prolong their life

Pickups & Controls: BurstBucker Pros; Alnico 5 magnets; 2-push/pull volume (coil split), 2 push/pull tone (out of phase or bypass which bypasses the tone and volume controls and essentially works as a volume boos; 3-way pickup selector switch

Bridge: Tune-o-Matic ABR-1

Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar

Tuners: Locking Grovers

Case: Gibson USA Brown Hardshell with Red interior

INCLUDED IN SALE

This 2018 Les Paul Standard "special run" serial number SN 180006647; Gibson USA hardshell case; Gibson USA Factory Quality Control Photo taken just before guitar placed in box for shipping from the factory; QC Checklist including serial number and build-completion date; Blank Warranty Card; User Manual; Cream Pickguard; Clear Pickguard; Uninstalled Cream "Poker Chip; Gibson Multi-Tool it; Velvet Velcro Sack for the tool and picks, etc.; Unused Gibson Leather Guitar Strap; AND unopened package of 10s and 9s strings.

I have 100% 5-star ratings on Reverb and eBay dating back many many years. My description here is thorough and factual.

Guitar is sold as-is with no guarantees stated or implied by me, the Seller.

Please contact me with any questions you might have. I'm happy to discuss the guitar with you and discuss PRICE. Plus, I have many recent pictures but not sure how to upload to this listing. Just ask me to send them to you.

Slide2.JPG Slide5.JPG Slide18.JPG Slide17.JPG Slide13.JPG Slide12.JPG Slide15.JPG Slide16.JPG Slide11.JPG Slide3.JPG

Last edited:

gaincontrol

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that a Reverb listing prevented me from posting here. The policy says ebay and not reverb. I am trying to delete this post and can't figure it out

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
There’s nothing preventing you from posting here. I was just sharing the exact same guitar listed on Reverb.

gaincontrol

Reaction score
Decadent Dan....thank you for your reply....I appreciate the advice...The classified ad for the LP is Live...well over 100 views...Now just need someone to purchase it...proceeds are a downpayment on a R9!

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Maybe you should include a Reverb link at the Les Paul forum too. Nobody is going to send you $2k+ without recourse.

gaincontrol

Reaction score
I Dropped the price of the 2018 Les Paul Standard - Excellent to Mint Condition to:

$2000 OBO + BUYER PAYS $50 TOWARDS SHIPPING COST and INSURANCE. I WILL PAY THE REMAINDER.
Venmo, or other, or paypal

I believe this is my last attempt knowing that everything is an negotiation. Unfortunately, if there is no purchase, it probably goes back in its case in the corner of the closet. Just expressing my feelings and frustration over the entire process.

GainControl

Last edited:

Colnago

Reaction score
I Dropped the price of the 2018 Les Paul Standard - Excellent to Mint Condition to:

$2000 OBO + BUYER PAYS $50 TOWARDS SHIPPING COST and INSURANCE. I WILL PAY THE REMAINDER.
Venmo, or other, or paypal

I believe this is my last attempt knowing that everything is an negotiation. Unfortunately, if there is no purchase, it probably goes back in its case in the corner of the closet. Just expressing my feelings and frustration over the entire process.

GainControl
Why are you frustrated? I don't understand. Nice guitar though!

Latest posts