Split: Talanted bands that don't make it.....

Discussion in 'General Music' started by jigman, Mar 22, 2005.

1. jigman

jigman Member

makes you wonder,(because the SG is a bit of a fatherless child) how many gems like this may be floating around out there. Prolly more unspoken for than LP's certainly. Don't know....Angus has quite a stable of them. From what I've heard he's got a warehouse full of em. I remember in my very heavy band playing days auditioning this guit player for the band. He pulls up in a Van, asks where to put his stuff. He hauls in this very nice Marshall Bluesbreaker combo, then brings in this beautiful surf green SG Deluxe with 3 Buckers....then 3 more varieties of SG's all mint 60's versions sets up and wails. He was good....more of a frontman type singer player...than a slinger. So, next comes a slinger with an LP STD and a Marshall Amp he won the Job, but turned out to be a flake. Called the SG guy back about a year later.....he'd sold all his equipement (divorce). He did join the band however and I supplied him a strat and a Sovtek half stack. He was a great guy and a front man extraordinaire, great song writer and great rocknroll voice...kinda springteeeny. Lotsa growl but with a good range. Then, the bass player had twins(also owned the PA and other equipement. Band fell apart due to lack of equipment. Then later I got divorced. That was a talented band that coulda really gone somewhere. Fate man can be brutal. Thats one of those once in a lifetime deals but just wasnt meant to be. Such can be the life of us Rocknrollers. Yep, its a thinline we walk.

2. Bogart

Bogart Member

It's hard to look back on a band that "may" have gone somewhere with real regret. I mean, I know of a tonne of absolutely fantastic bands, who never made it past the local level.

But back on topic:

that thing is incredible.

3. E.Buzz

E.Buzz Member

Could be worse. You could be on your third drummer. :x $^@(in' drummer.

Lemme guess: Don't even point?

4. jigman

jigman Member

we had more than 4 drummers in the course of this band 1. Bad 2.below avg 3. Good 4. Awesome.

I have no regrets cuz I got to experience what some will never get to. And I definitely hear what yer sayin bout great musicians we will never hear of or see-but they are out there. Seen a few this year alone that are off the charts good-and I mean better than I even new EVER existed in the world. True animals of fingerboard virtuosity-mostly Jazz & Acoustic players that make you look at the guitar in a whole new way.