Stagg SG Custom lawsuit copy

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by Lhvr, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Lhvr

Lhvr Active Member

Hello, does anybody have any experience with these guitars? I could get this one:
    [​IMG]

2. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

looks nice.

3. milesdeem

milesdeem Well-Known Member

I've been looking at various Stagg guitars/basses on the internet for years. My take is that they are like the epi/squire of Europe. There are a few USA dealers for that brand. Have seen a small variety of Stagg's for sale on USA music storefront webpages (a couple of Flying V-type, a few SG type, an ES-335-type, and a Strat-style here and there....Fender-like basses also).
    The Stagg website is interesting also. It's worth a look.

4. jtees4

jtees4 Well-Known Member

Certainly looks nice, is that a bolt on? My concern would be if the pickups were any good, and of course if the guitar is cheap enough they can be changed BUT by the same token, I have a stock 2010 Faded SG with chrome Gibson p/u covers that I picked up for $400 AND IT IS GREAT! So personally, I'd probably look for a cheaper Gibson first. I mean, unless you're getting it for $200 or less.

5. Lhvr

Lhvr Active Member

I finally bought it for 275 EUR yesterday. I will post pics tomorrow.
    I did some research about Stagg. Stagg from the 70ies and 80ies has nothing to do with the low quality stuff from China nowadays. Beside I really love Stagg cymbals ...
    I found out that they were most produced in the Fujigen factory together with Ibanez guitars - top quality Japanese lawsuit models.
    More you can find here: vintagestagg.altervista.org/

PermissionToLand likes this.