Stock Caps on a 2021 Wildwood Spec SG???

Beautiful Randy

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a killer 2021 Wildwood Spec 61 SG with black beauty caps. Can someone please confirm whether these are stock to these guitars?

Cheers

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Welcome to ETSG! although it seems you've been a member since March. Welcome anyway.
We need to see pictures before we can say anything meaningful... You'll need to size them so
they are less than 1 MB or the site won't accept them.

Also, you should know that Gibson maintains a web site where you can report your serial number
and they will tell you when and where your guitar was made, and what color it was, and what equipment
it was issued with.

Personally, I don't know the term "beauty caps." But I don't know everything...
Pictures of what you are talking about would help a lot.
In my experience the term "caps" refers to "Capacitors" which are installed at the factory
or sometimes modded by the owner. Once again, if you are talking about electronic parts
inside the control cavity, a photograph of the wiring harness would let us expound on the
subject.

For instance, here's a photo of the wiring harness of my 2012 SG special '70s trib...
It's as issued, with no PCB and with the standard caps installed by the Gibson Factory in
2012. My "caps" aren't particularly beautiful, but if yours look like this then they are likely
to be stock. But since your guitar is "Wildwood Spec" then maybe some different caps were
installed by the custom shop. You could probably google "Wildwood Spec SG" and find
out.
wiring 2013@100.jpeg

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Here's a link to a review of this model...
It sounds brilliant in this reviewer's hands.

Congratulations on scoring an excellent SG!

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Yep, since 2019 they've been using Luxe Black Beauties on all Historics:

Latest posts