Suggestions on a Rack Mount effect unit

Discussion in 'Effects' started by SG Lou, Sep 26, 2008.

1. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

Just as the tilte says !
    I'm tired of the pedals, batteries, noise, etc,etc.
    Can someone suggest a nice mid priced unit that will do the following:

let me set it up so whatever song I'm doing, all i gotta do is hit a foot switch and I get that effect.
    Example: The song Heaven & Hell, I use a little reverb, chorus, and when needed a delay for a portion of the lead.

Can this be had?

2. Barghest

Barghest New Member

I don't know if this is any use but have you tried a Vox tonelab?

It's not rackmounted i realise, they're preeetty cheap in the UK, i've used one for recording twice now which convinced me to buy one for live use (especially for when sharing another bands amp!)

3. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

4. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

If I remember, Lou uses several pedals. I presume for multiple effects. Since I have thought about rack mounts...... can the rack mount give the combinations that a half dozen pedals can give?

5. guitarweasel

The G Major has 16 effects including EQ that you can set up in 8 blocks and in any order you want. It also has a built in tuner and I would recommend you use the optional footswitch as well. It can also be controlled via midi.

I highly recommend it.

6. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=17894.msg220071#msg220071 date=1222655300]
    The G Major has 16 effects including EQ that you can set up in 8 blocks and in any order you want. It also has a built in tuner and I would recommend you use the optional footswitch as well. It can also be controlled via midi.

I highly recommend it.
    [/quote]

OK, If I understand this correctly, I'm gonna set up 2 "pre-sets" both being the same ,Chorus and little Reverb on one and on the 2nd one i'm also gonna add the Delay. During the song , when it comes time for the lead, i can hit the 2nd foot switch, it will give me the delay and when i'm done i can go back to just Chrous and Reverb ?

7. guitarweasel

[quote author=brucewayne131 link=topic=17894.msg220072#msg220072 date=1222655757]
    OK, If I understand this correctly, I'm gonna set up 2 "pre-sets" both being the same ,Chorus and little Reverb on one and on the 2nd one i'm also gonna add the Delay. During the song , when it comes time for the lead, i can hit the 2nd foot switch, it will give me the delay and when i'm done i can go back to just Chrous and Reverb ?
    [/quote]

You got it boss!