Support a Fellow ETSG'er, Vote For Me!

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by Kevy Nova, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

Please go to http://isthisthingonpodcast.blogspot.com/ and vote for me to be featured on next week's podcast. It only takes about ten seconds and you don't even have to sign up or anything to vote. If you want to hear what I sound like before voting, you can go to my website www.KevyNova.com first.

Let me know here if you vote. If you guys put me over the top, I will wear an EverythingSG.com tee shirt at my next show and post pictures! :D

2. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

3. Kevy Nova

Thanks Weas, I can use all the help I can get. I'd also suggest that any other of you out there with original music submit to this podcast. I'd vote for ya!

4. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

just voted and now you are in the lead 14 to 13! Hope ya win...

5. Kevy Nova

Thanks ORF, I hope I win too. :)
    Actually, as it turns out, the other guy who's my main competition (Tracy Shaun) is a good friend of mine. We had no idea that we would be competing against each other so this has become quite interesting! All of our mutual friends (there are many) want nothing to do with it! Of course I would like to win but I also would like to see it be a close race. ;)

6. axmaker

axmaker Member

Done... ;)

7. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

8. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

Done. You're up 23 to 14. Good luck! O0

Went to your web site and checked out some of your tunes. I was all prepared to say really good things about you after watching the first two acoustic pieces. Then I watched the last one and realized you were playing a 12 string. I say this in the most loving and endearing way possible...... You suck! I only wish I could play 6 strings like that. :cry:

9. Kevy Nova

Ax, Sgt, thank you for the support. I knew I could count on my fellow SG-heads!

Iblive, haha! That's what happens when you grow up in Vermont with NO social life and nothing to do but play guitar. When people ask me how I got good at guitar, I say it's because I never had a girlfriend until I was 24! (sad, but true)

10. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=Kevy Nova link=topic=20404.msg246370#msg246370 date=1266347053]
    Iblive, haha! That's what happens when you grow up in Vermont with NO social life and nothing to do but play guitar. When people ask me how I got good at guitar, I say it's because I never had a girlfriend until I was 24! (sad, but true)
    [/quote]

I just know how hard it is to play a 12 string. My first "real" guitar was a Yamaha 12 string way back in the early seventies. It replaced a $25 guitar I bought at the local hardware store. That cheap guitar just about spoiled it for me as the action was measured in inches rather than fractions of an inch.... I'm not making that up.... ok, maybe a little. I bought the 12 string and it was actually easier to play. I still have that guitar....... Actually bought it a year before I started dating my wife.

11. Kevy Nova

[quote author=iblive link=topic=20404.msg246375#msg246375 date=1266358326]
    I just know how hard it is to play a 12 string. My first "real" guitar was a Yamaha 12 string way back in the early seventies. It replaced a $25 guitar I bought at the local hardware store. That cheap guitar just about spoiled it for me as the action was measured in inches rather than fractions of an inch.... I'm not making that up.... ok, maybe a little. I bought the 12 string and it was actually easier to play. I still have that guitar....... Actually bought it a year before I started dating my wife.
    [/quote]

I still have my first guitar too, a Harmony acoustic from the JC Penney Christmas catalog that I got when I was nine. I don't know how I lasted a year with that thing, I still can't play it! It now hangs on my bedroom wall...

12. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=Kevy Nova link=topic=20404.msg246376#msg246376 date=1266359746]
    I still have my first guitar too, a Harmony acoustic from the JC Penney Christmas catalog that I got when I was nine. I don't know how I lasted a year with that thing, I still can't play it! It now hangs on my bedroom wall...
    [/quote]

Because of that guitar, if asked, I will never recommend the cheapest guitar in the store. There are a lot of guitars out there that can be bought today in the 200 - 300 dollar range that are quite nice. No, they aren't a $3000 dollar Taylor or Martin, but they're a decent guitar that sounds and plays well enough not to ruin a new player.

Anyway, be sure and let us know if you win.

13. D-DAY

D-DAY Member

OK OK, you get my vote. I did a paper in college on "guitar face" listing the various facial expressions of guitarists (the Wince, 'Surprise!', etc.), and I think you exhibit every one in the course of any tune! Nice playing, too. Looks like you're way out front right now!

Cheers!

14. Kevy Nova

Thanks D-Day! Yeah, I have a chronic case of "guitar face" when I play. Sometimes when I look back at pictures or video of me, I get kinda embarrassed! :oops:

15. nynvolt

nynvolt Member

Voted, your winning by a decent margin. :)

16. Kevy Nova

Thanks nynvolt, you guys are awesome!

17. D-DAY

D-DAY Member

[quote author=Kevy Nova link=topic=20404.msg246391#msg246391 date=1266376045]
    Thanks D-Day! Yeah, I have a chronic case of "guitar face" when I play. Sometimes when I look back at pictures or video of me, I get kinda embarrassed! :oops:
    [/quote]

There is nothing to be embarrassed about- I do the same thing and I'm always told I'm 'really fun to watch'! It's called 'character', I believe...

18. sgtbeefheart

Since there is no need to sign up, what's to stop somebody voting
    13 million times? :)

19. Kevy Nova

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=20404.msg246496#msg246496 date=1266539073]
    Since there is no need to sign up, what's to stop somebody voting
    13 million times? :)
    [/quote]

I think you would need 13 million computers. I wanted to vote twice, once for myself and once for Tracy Shaun (he's a friend of mine) but it wouldn't let me.

20. sgtbeefheart

As I suspected, they log the ip address.