Thanks guys ...

Discussion in 'General Music' started by doveman, Aug 7, 2007.

1. doveman

doveman Member

I came here in October last year after playing the same guitar and amp rig for >25 years ... Yamaha SA2000 & Mesa/Boogie are still my main squeeze. Anyway, I had purchased a cheap but really nice Washburn and was considering putting my sons 490r/498T Gibson SG Standard pickups in it since he had changed to 57/57+ ... still using the 498T. I figured I'd get a fair assessment of those pickups here ... that's why I came.

Since that time I have bought and successfully moded 4 guitars ... Schecter Tele, Washburn WI62, G&L Legacy (only needed shielding) and the latest Washburn WI66 P-90 Gold Top. These 5 electric guitars plus the 2 acoustics cover an amazing amount of ground. I have learned a lot and hope I have helped a little too.

But I think I'm done ... even though I still don't have an SG ... but I bought one for my son ... so there you go.

I will post a clip later this week ... new Lollar P-90s in the Washburn Gold Top. Then I'm going to ease up on internet activity a bit I think and begin concentrating on my playing and recording.

Tried stepping back earlier this year but i kept coming up with new projects. But i'm going to push back once again. Hoping to go another 25 years with the current rig.

Man it's been a blast though ... one of the cooler forums of the half a dozen that I visit. I stop by nearly every day ... too much actually.

Anyway thanks again for the help. My rig is smokin' 8)

2. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Hey DM,
    Is the Yamaha SA 2000 a sort of double cut Les Paul looking thing?

My dealer has a 2000 and a 3000 if I recall, and they are the HEAVIEST guitars I ever picked up.
    Mahogany back, Maple top, fantastic build quality, and sustaaaaaaaainnnnnnnnnnnn...............

These were made around 1980, part of a collection they bought, near flawless.
    Very cool.

Don't be a stranger, come back and see us. O0

Neo

3. doveman

doveman Member

Your describing an SGB-2000 which is a really thick double cutaway LP-like solid body. Heaviest guitar on the planet ... sustain for days. Mine is a semi-hollow body (ES335 like) guitar. Well ths guitar worked better for me than all my LPs and the 335 I had.

I wish I'd have bought one of each in '80 ... I had a cherry sunburst SGB-2000 in the left hand and my tobacco sunburst SA-2000 in my right hand. Only one pocket full of money though. :cry: