the '86-89 SG-62 (1962 "reissue") info thread

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by VonPrikler, Jun 26, 2013.

1. MGUEST

MGUEST New Member

also the cavity

Attached Files:

2. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

That would be my guess since they are not Lawrence PC board type. They look like my 86.. pat # no stamp.. brass screws.. my pickups sound fantastic.. enjoy that one..!!

MGUEST likes this.
  3. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

4. MGUEST

MGUEST New Member

he wants 1800 and he's throwing in a chainsaw case...one thing though: the tuners have been changes to grovers

5. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

Not sure if the chainsaw was original back then.. I bought mine from a local shop in 1990 as the owners buddy said it would not stay in tune.. $325 back then and he threw in a 1970 gibson case from the back room.. I put shallers on mine and did some nut polishing..and it stays in tune.. kept those originals.. 1800 might be pushing it unless she is in great shape.. although I see no sense in pricing today in this market.. if those are shaws and she plays well.. it will sound great.. mine is very resonant..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

$1,800 is a bit much IMO, since that's exactly what a brand new '61 Standard goes for, and the new ones are more accurate reissues. The chainsaw case came with it, so I wouldn't consider that a bonus so much as being expected. Luckily the Grovers didn't require routing so you can swap back to the original Schaller-made Kluson style tuners if you want. I'd probably offer more like $1,500.

The pickups are Shaws, for sure.