DrBGood

Reaction score
See there, taking a pic with my phone is not a natural reflex for me. But the idea of keeping an outside record is good. I'd be more inclined to take notes. A list of numbers. I might just do that. Thanks.

Must be generational.

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Must be generational.

Not really. When I recorded an EP using a Peavey Windsor half stack, I kept detailed records of each setting used in case I had to change or re-record a part, so each song and the whole project would sound consistent.

There were many production problems with that EP, but inconsistent guitar tone was not one of them. :rofl:

83 Blazer

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one of these and messing with the sneaky amps. It'll void the warrenty, but eh, I think it will be cool to go between a tweed and a marshall with a footswitch :naughty:
Will it void the warranty ?
I never really thought about it...

In any case it does give you access to some good starting points to tweak and get some really good useable tones.

Enjoy.

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one of these and messing with the sneaky amps. It'll void the warrenty, but eh, I think it will be cool to go between a tweed and a marshall with a footswitch :naughty:

I'm pretty sure it won't void the warranty. The models are already in the amp's software. Even if you messed around with them, a factory reset would undo it all.

Frankly, I didn't find any of them other than the Marshall 1959 I+II model to be worth the time. Set Katana to crunch and leave it, I say. :dude:

DFLCC

Reaction score
Man although I have been playing a lot my Blackstar HT40MKII, there is no question the Katana is a Keeper. Amazing tone flexibility, best solid state modeling amp up to this day. Sorry, line six and sorry Marshall CODE Series.

The Paranoid Monkey

Reaction score
Own a Boss Katana Amp. Post your love for it here, share information, setting, mods and opinions.

Have one? You must post pictures of your Katana with your favorite axe.

Want one? Have questions, need that push to buy it? This is the right place. Let our community help you.

So let's start this with mine. Tube guy, known modeling amp hatter, loving the Katanas.

My all time favorite guitar which brought me to the ESG community.
View attachment 27534
2002 Gibson SG Special
And here with some serious eye candy.
View attachment 27535
Super light and skinny Ibanez S521. I am sad to say this but I lick her to see if she tasted like candy.

Hi there! I would like to know of this amp is good for playing Black Sabbath. I have a Laney LG12 and I want to upgrade but I also want to have good Sabbath sound. Thanks in advance! ;)

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hi there! I would like to know of this amp is good for playing Black Sabbath. I have a Laney LG12 and I want to upgrade but I also want to have good Sabbath sound. Thanks in advance! ;)
There are so many pedals and patches (official and unofficial) you'll find a sound you like.

DFLCC

Reaction score

Should be able to dial Black Sabbath at any era. Plus the benefit of any other band tone you may like. It has a fairly small learning curve but you can dial almost anything.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
Picked up the Artist a couple of weeks ago and the SG last week, I've had the smaller 100W combo and the head before but like the Artist the best for my needs.

full

juliang

Reaction score
I have the Katana 50 and it shares the room with 3 tube amps. The Katana just sounds real, never mind the effects etc, the tone sounds genuine. I am fortunate to live in the country where I can turn up any amp as loud as it needs without annoying the local population. However, My Marshall DSL40C even at low volumes carries thru the house. The Katana on it's lowest setting pleases my ear and the wife in the living room isn't bothered by it. Winner winner, chicken dinner!! Plus the effects are awesome and I paid $180 for it brand new, you really can't beat this amp for twice the price. Sounds great and super flexible. It records via the USB also, sounds great.

fos1

Reaction score
I currently have the Katana 50. I am considering an upgrade. The features are essentially the same for the 100 vs. Artist. The biggest apparent difference is the speaker. Is the $599 vs. $349 price differential worth the Wazaa speaker? Are there other differences other than the Midi in that I am not seeing?

Thank you,
Jeff

Clifdawg

Reaction score
The biggest apparent difference is the speaker. Is the $599 vs. $349 price differential worth the Wazaa speaker?

I can't speak for the Artist but the 100 does, in fact, have a beefier speaker and a slightly larger cab than the 50. Does wonders for the tone - the 100 is worth the upgrade.

fos1

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback Clifdawg. I am pretty sure the 100 will be more than adequate for my needs.

v/r
Jeff

Worblehat

Reaction score
Anyone using the 100W head for bedroom playing?
I wonder:
  1. Do you get good sound at really low volume (like apartment at night) in the 0.5W setting? Or is something like a THR10 or VT20X better at this?
  2. Might the build-in 5 inch speaker be enough for this situation? Does it lack anything compared to an 8 inch speaker of a combo amp?

Latest posts