The Itty Bitty Acca-Dacca Committee

Discussion in 'General Music' started by PermissionToLand, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

Lots of news about a 2020 release for the boys.. Dee Snider is promoting Super Bowl halftime show already.. not sure if Angus crotch shot will be as well received as J-Lo's..

Worblehat likes this.
  2. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

3. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of that intro. A strange choice for a short clip, but I like the chorus riff at least.

Very exciting to know they will actually release the record after all!

4. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Take a listen to the podcasts “beyond the thunder” and listen to the Bob Deffrin one. He is the artist for Atlantic and speaks specifically to many of the album covers, this one includes. Great listen

PermissionToLand and ruster1 like this.
  5. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

I dont know what to think about Angus' riff to open this up.. but its growing on me.. not as hooky as stiff upper and almost a bit more free time like shake your foundations intro.. but loving the production of this so far.. !!

6. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about this thread, haha.

I never noticed Angus plays it up there. I've always done it like an open A chord. Listening and watching River Plate, you're close, but he's actually doing the 5th fret on the A and D strings. The low E string is not used at all.

Interesting, I'll have to listen back to Shoot to Thrill. Angus' leads were pretty clean on BIB already.

What documentary was this?

Yeah, he's definitely got proper fingering technique. Something a lot of people overlook but is very important in playing naturally.

Play Ball is a cool riff, I have to learn it. The rest of the song never really grabbed me though.

7. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

I believe it was on Amazon Prime: BnB Classic Album under review.. lots of good stuff

8. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

Have to say.. after COVID.. this album is the best since 1990 IMHO.. lots of great riffs.. all of course very similar but unique at the same time.. really hooked on the B chords and the C/F stuff.. Production is great for the rhythm section. Angus is a bit low in the mix sometimes.. Based on my ear.. I think Stevie recorded this with a Gretsch G6131-MY as this version comes with the Powertron.. much more gain than the classic filtertrons.. (4.2k vs 7.5k).. his tone is a bit gainey in my opinion but still sounds great.. not as many Angus riffs to remember in your head, but I also remember that Malcolm used to help Angus with many of the solos back in the day to suggest improvements and to add some bits and pieces to make them better.. overall love this album.. Some of my favs are Realize, Kick you When your Down, Witch's Spell, Wild Reputation and Systems Down.. simple but rocks.. Few months back I picked up a used G6131-MY from a touring musician for a boat load less due to buckle rash and that he drew the outline of the "Space Control" bridge in SHARPIE in case he bumped it out of intonation.. doesn't bother me.. ( I think a trial with mineral spirits will remove it as it liquifies the sharpie) adds character and saved $ 1200.. lol.. That guitar is as advertised.. open and woody.. gritty.. and plays great.. the Space Bridge is quite clever.. intonate by placement.. height adjustment and individual string spacing is a bonus.. did not realize that the scale length on those was 24.6".. very cool vibe.. feel like I got a good deal..