The Most Retarded thing you have ever heard about an SG!

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by kaka, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kaka

kaka Member

hey man i just thought id tell this here man!! this guy just drove me nuts and was hilarious at the same time about the gibson SG man! heres what he said,

what the F(^&!?!

2. kick

kick Member

he seems to be looking out for the kids....

3. SG Steve

SG Steve Member

If someone knew how to care for and respected their guitars, an SG would be a killer first guitar. I'm not going to go into why because we all know the multitude of answers or we wouldnt be here...

My six year old son and eight year old daughter are both learning on SG's. Wish I woulda had one when I was starting out.

4. fatnecks

fatnecks Member

[quote author=SG Steve link=topic=16298.msg205954#msg205954 date=1203014087]
    If someone knew how to care for and respected their guitars, an SG would be a killer first guitar. I'm not going to go into why because we all know the multitude of answers or we wouldnt be here...

My six year old son and eight year old daughter are both learning on SG's. Wish I woulda had one when I was starting out.
    [/quote]

You bought 'em SG's b/c they're made for beginners, right?

5. SG Steve

SG Steve Member

Not at all. I had bought a really nice CS Elegant and the others now gather dust. They could have any guitar they wanted (except that one :) ) Ignoring all the dozen or so others including Fenders and other Gibsons because they wanted one like mine. I told them to pick one and they went straight to the SG's...Made me proud! So they own them now but I am allowed to borrow them if need be. ;)

My daughter started wanting to play first. Wife got her a pos Hello Kitty Fender for her last b-day. She didnt play it much and it still sits in the corner of her room. She took more liking to guitar when I brought home a 99 SG-X some time ago. The boy took a liking to a red 98 special, so when she asked
    for real guitar I couldnt leave him out. I didnt have a fortune in either of them and it saved me the time of having to take both to a store or mail order, so.....

6. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

my sons first guitar was a epiphone LP studio. I had told him to start on that and if he sticks with guitar for a year and shows he is learning,i would help him upgrade to a nice guitar. Well he stuck with it and practiced every day so after a year, off we went to guitar shop to let him try out every different style of electric. After a couple hours of playing, he settled on his favorite guitar... the Gibson SG. Now he has owned his nice high glass black Gison SG special for about 3 years and loves SGs. He recently added a matching gloss black SG stanard to his stable and says he wants a re-issue next.

SGs make great kid guitars and I personally think they are one of the most comfortable electrics to play at gigs because of that thin tapered body and light weight. I guess the dumbest thing I have heard about SGs is that they are satanic guitars... when everybody knows that is only the red ones :D

7. SG Steve

SG Steve Member

A couple weeks ago I got outbid on a black standard. It had "666" in the serial #...

8. kaka

kaka Member

[quote author=SG Steve link=topic=16298.msg206026#msg206026 date=1203089027]
    A couple weeks ago I got outbid on a black standard. It had "666" in the serial #...
    [/quote]

got the Tenacious D guitar eh bro??! ;)

the one thats played by the devil or made by him lol

9. Ry-Guy

Ry-Guy Member

[quote author=SG Steve link=topic=16298.msg206026#msg206026 date=1203089027]
    [/quote]

My 1996 SG Standard has "666" in the serial. Always thought that was kinda cool =)

10. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

I'm sure glad nobody ever told Angus Young it was a kiddie guitar!!!
    Just goes to show that just because you talk like you can play....Doesn't make it so!!
    Anyone with Gibson experience knows an SG is a fine lead guitar.....
    I guess Tony and Glenn and Eric and Pete and Jimmi etc etc didn't get the memo either ;)

11. bradsure

bradsure Active Member

OK, Glenn? Rhinestone Cowboy Glenn?

12. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[quote author=Ry-Guy link=topic=16298.msg206051#msg206051 date=1203104951]
    My 1996 SG Standard has "666" in the serial. Always thought that was kinda cool =)
    [/quote]

my standard ends with 555 :-\

13. kaka

kaka Member

[quote author=Laney1566 link=topic=16298.msg206095#msg206095 date=1203129026]
    I'm sure glad nobody ever told Angus Young it was a kiddie guitar!!!
    Just goes to show that just because you talk like you can play....Doesn't make it so!!
    Anyone with Gibson experience knows an SG is a fine lead guitar.....
    I guess Tony and Glenn and Eric and Pete and Jimmi etc etc didn't get the memo either ;)
    [/quote]

now thats what im talkin about. and when i said that to that person, hes sayin, i was comparing SGs to LPs. (yea whatever dude)

14. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

he's a hater, ignore him

if i could only own one guitar it would be an sg

no idiot will convince me otherwise

15. Constellation80

Constellation80 Member

When I was a beginner, I wanted a Gibson Les Paul more then anything in life. I saved and saved, looked and looked.
    In the end I bought my SG cause it was half the price. Even then I could barley afford it. I thought I was settling, but in reality Id had bought the most awesome guitar for me. I've gone though lots of phases, and lots of guitars since. And yet my SG is the one I allways keep and rely on :)

16. SG Steve

SG Steve Member

Glen = Glen Tipton from Judas Priest...

Glen Campbell was an Ovation guy, right?

17. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

One day, when Angus & Tony Iommi aren't beginners anymore, they'll start playing Les Pauls.

18. smk506

smk506 Member

Well I do think the sg is the perfect beginers guitar, and the perfect intermediat guitar, the perfect pro guitar.... Seriously though I've gone through quite a few guitars in the past few years, four strats, two and a quarter les pauls, (or two les pauls and a melody maker) a fire bird etc. The only constant in it all is my SG. First real guitar and still the one I'd never sell.

19. kaka

kaka Member

[quote author=Dave link=topic=16298.msg206229#msg206229 date=1203284929]
    One day, when Angus & Tony Iommi aren't beginners anymore, they'll start playing Les Pauls.
    [/quote]

lol

20. mynameisjonas

mynameisjonas New Member

he's just trying to justify spending big $$$ on his LPs by putting SGs down.