The new Tony Iommi Signature made it into production

PeteR

Reaction score
Tony Iommi to Appear at Epiphone Booth at Musikmesse

N_031615A1.jpg

New Tony Iommi Signature Model Debuts this Summer

Epiphone is proud to announce that Tony Iommi, the iconic lead guitarist for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legends Black Sabbath, will make a special appearance at the Epiphone Booth to sign autographs during the Musikmesse Trade Show on Friday, April 17, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Hall 4.0 Booth J60. This summer, Epiphone will also officially announce the new Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature model, designed by Tony exclusively for Epiphone.

Tony Iommi has created some of the most famous and treasured riffs in rock and roll and is widely acknowledged as the Godfather of Heavy Metal. This year, Black Sabbath celebrates the 45th anniversary of their debut album, which has since become a rock and roll classic.

The annual Musikmesse held in Frankfurt, Germany is one of the world's premier music industry events, attracting the very best instrument manufactures and top artists from every genre. During the four day event, manufacturers, dealers, and professional, semi-professional and lay musicians get together and look into the latest products.

Keep an eye on Epiphone.com for more news about Musikmesse, Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath, and for updates on the new Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi signature model coming this summer from Epiphone!

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Lucky you guys in Germany. Tony Iommi IS the creator of Doom/Stoner Rock. Hes a Icon

Bullfrog

Reaction score
That's cool!

Iommi is the king of riffs! :dude:

I still remember the first time I ever heard Sabbath. I was in the 6th grade. A friend of mine brought a walkman ( remember those?) to school. He played me Iron Man. I thought the batteries were low or something. It sounded like the tape was dragging. I'd never heard anything like it. 35 years later I am still blown away by them.

Bettyboo

Reaction score
N_031615A1.jpg

Typical, by the time I've fully modded me black lefthanded Epi SG, the bastards bring out a similar machine in la lefthander to taunt me...

Look like EMG clones to me. & I was gonna put tulip knobs on mine, bastards. Maybe they are reading this board and have been so impressed with Betty's progress that Iommi was inspired. :D
(Tony, if you're reading this, you'll be needing the full batwing - sort it out...)

Edit: actually, looks like PeteR was right, just Gibson Iommi pickups like the last one. It's just a G400 with a few nice bits added (not bad though...).
http://www.epiphone.com/Products/SG/Tony-Iommi-G-400.aspx

I don't think they made the last one lefthanded, cheeky fukers... You'd have to say, if a lefthander did a signature series only in righthanded then there's something wrong there...

Last edited:

rocknsad

Reaction score
Wow, I like it a lot... I'm not a real Iommi or Black sabbath fan, but the BS sound is amazing... I actually like everything that is made as a sig for (Iomi) (The gibson pikcup is very good and also the laney TI15 kicks ass).

10 Years back I was working studentsjob to pay for an epiphone SG tony iommi signature... When i finally had the money I bought an Gibson SG special. Since then, I allways wondered(And still am) what the epi feels and sounds like... Price 10 years ago was +/- 1000$, but it looks like this new epiphone might be cheaper?
If it's under 500 $ I might be tempted

Bettyboo

Reaction score
If it's under 500 $ I might be tempted

It's just a $300 guitar with some different pups - shouldn't be expensive. I bet it has the same tuners (different knobs), crap electronics and average bridge and tailpiece that my $200 G310 came with. I hope they've at least stuck a decent nut on it... For $400, it'll be worth getting. At $600 it'd be too expensive, at $500 I'd probably give it a miss too...

rocknsad

Reaction score
It surely looks like it's cheaper than the last generations of TI sig's... I actually keep looking outfor a good deal on the epiphone tony Iommi (I have other and probably better guitars by now, but it just stays kind of a youth dream to me) But here in Belgium it's rather rare to see one and Ebay usually has buy now price around 600. I don't think it's worth that much... Maybe this new epiphone will be the solution... ;-)

I kind of have the same feeling with the zack wylde bullseye and Matt Heafy les pauls. I'm not a fan of those guitar players (In fact I dislike both as guitar players) but I think those guitars are absolutly stunning... There's just something about signature models that attract me...

Karathas

Reaction score
are signature models better quality? The Lee Malia signature Epiphone Les Pauls look so sweet, but i was wondering if the build quality was good

JCarno

Reaction score
I don't think,
should be his Gibson signature pickups....as it was in the last model

Yep. They do come in black. Thanks!
It just dawned on me who you are. "Peter"+ "Germany"+ "Epiphone" = paruwi
Am I right? :cool:

JCarno

Reaction score
I have Avatars turned off over there (got sick of looking at some of the mugs) so I don't know what his is.:smile:

PeteR

Reaction score
Yep. They do come in black. Thanks!
It just dawned on me who you are. "Peter"+ "Germany"+ "Epiphone" = paruwi
Am I right? :cool:

You got it :thumb:

my signature-line would have been another hint

PeteR

Reaction score
I don't think they made the last one lefthanded, cheeky fukers... You'd have to say, if a lefthander did a signature series only in righthanded then there's something wrong there...

Early this year it was mentioned to come as a lefty, too

PeteR

Reaction score
are signature models better quality? The Lee Malia signature Epiphone Les Pauls look so sweet, but i was wondering if the build quality was good

Not really better 'quality' as they are made side by side with all the others...

better 'specs' like Gibson pickups and other things, yep

Dreamscape

Reaction score
N_031615A1.jpg

Typical, by the time I've fully modded me black lefthanded Epi SG, the bastards bring out a similar machine in la lefthander to taunt me...

Look like EMG clones to me. & I was gonna put tulip knobs on mine, bastards. Maybe they are reading this board and have been so impressed with Betty's progress that Iommi was inspired. :D
(Tony, if you're reading this, you'll be needing the full batwing - sort it out...)

Edit: actually, looks like PeteR was right, just Gibson Iommi pickups like the last one. It's just a G400 with a few nice bits added (not bad though...).
http://www.epiphone.com/Products/SG/Tony-Iommi-G-400.aspx

Yeah I'm lefty Bettyboo & that is a joke not making an Iommi in left models when the artist in question is a fuggin' left hander, pack of morons. I wonder how this new Iommi model compares to say a G400 Pro build wise probably no better. And you can pick the G400 Pro lefties up fairly cheap these days. I got sucked in to the signature model thing years ago & brought a Kirk Hammett KH-202 it was the biggest piece of crap guitar I have ever owned & cost way too much money.

Last edited:

Latest posts