Thinking of Selling Epiphone 65' Reissue with Maestro Vibrato

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by hellsbellsx81, Sep 6, 2012.

1. hellsbellsx81

hellsbellsx81 Member

Hey guys,
    Probably haven't been on the forum here in 4+ years? I don't know if anyone from back then is still on here but I remember everyone being great people. Anyway my life has changed, I haven't played guitar since high school now, and my life has changed and it is time to let someone else enjoy my guitars. I took here out of the case today and it brought back memories. I wasn't even thinking of selling it because I know I will never get another one like it but I would really like to see it go to good hands for someone else to enjoy. That beats it sitting in my house for 15 years before I end up selling it anyway. I was hoping some people here can chime in on how much the guitar is worth, as they are pretty rare. I'd like to know how much it should be before going out selling it.

Here are the guitar specs:

-2005 Epiphone g-400 65' Reissue, Maestro Tremolo, Cherry finish
    -The guitar was part of a special release by Epiphone in that year, they ran special off guitars and only for one month. This guitar was only available for 4 weeks in November of 2005, and I believe it sold out well before that.
    - The guitar is in good shape, hardly any scratches, very well taken care of.
    -I have both the stock saddle, and a high quality roller saddle for the guitar, the roller saddle alows the guitar to stay in tune well while using the tremolo bar.
    -I still have the original pickups (I think) but the pickups in the guitar were replaced with a Tony Iommi Gibson pickup in the lower position and a Gibson 57+ in the higher position. The pickups probably cost a combined $200+ not including install.
    -All of the pots and switch and jack were replaced with ones of higher quality than the stock epiphone ones. For someone reason the brand name "orange" comes to mind, does that sound familiar to anyone? I think I bought the parts off a member from this forum who sells them as a side business?
    - I also have the epiphone hardshell case

I don't have any pictures of the guitar currently, if anyone wants to see it, whether they are interested in buying it, or just want to see it let me know. The picture below is the same guitar, just not mine. But you get the idea. Thanks Guys

[​IMG]

2. Alex_SG

Alex_SG Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're passing it on to someone else. That's a very nice axe mate! Good luck with the sale.

3. hellsbellsx81

hellsbellsx81 Member

Thanks!, I hope someone else who can appreciate it picks it up