This has got to be a Custom order or refin...

Saintjonah

Reaction score
Freedom of speech!

I have a right to express my opinions here or elsewhere. If I think that a post contains an unnecessary quote I am at liberty to say so.

As stated above I was taught not to include extraneous information in my school and college essays and consider it is a lesson that still applies - and could be applied by others with a small amount of forethought.

Thankfully we aren't in school here. Did they ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"? Did they ever teach you when to drop a pointless argument? You just sound like a ninny.

Just a bit of razzing! :thumb:

javamagic

Reaction score
As a wise man said, "Question everything".

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders?
Are you moving backwards or are you moving forwards?"

White Riot, Joe Strummer/Mick Jones (1976).

Happy new year from this "ninny" and, if you're not asking those awkward questions, I hope you'll still enjoy it. :)

smitty_p

Reaction score
Whoah!

Maybe a little breather is in order here. I think it's worth pointing out that Javamagic is a long-standing member of this forum. Check out his join date: 2006. His membership and participation go back way before many of us. His annoyance with repeated quoting of images may seem excessive to some, but I would suggest a little deference is reasonable.

javamagic

Reaction score
Well, I seem to have stirred up some vitriol from a few of the members - and aimed squarely at me - but to, date, not one of them (including Mr. Ford) has bothered to explain exactly what the thread gained from the having the OP quoted in the first reply. Perhaps I'm missing something crucial? :dunno:

Anyway, thanks to those voices of calm and moderation. :thumb:

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Well, I seem to have stirred up some vitriol from a few of the members - and aimed squarely at me - but to, date, not one of them (including Mr. Ford) has bothered to explain exactly what the thread gained from the having the OP quoted in the first reply. Perhaps I'm missing something crucial? :dunno:

Anyway, thanks to those voices of calm and moderation. :thumb:

Just habit to quote those I'm speaking directly to.(NO ONE ever has EVER had a problem with it..not once, ever!) What does ANY thread gain by needless complaining??
Is that a good enough answer?:dunno:

I'm done with this.

Biddlin

Reaction score
" His annoyance with repeated quoting of images may seem excessive to some, but I would suggest a little deference is reasonable. "
I have shown him plenty of deference, acceding to his plea, as have others. This has not diminished his chiding and browbeating on the subject. Unless java's paying for the bandwidth, I don't get his issues.
;>)/

WavMixer

Reaction score
I still prefer cornflakes or a nice Full Irish breakfast (with black pudding). Yum! :)

What is an Irish breakfast? I am a Mc from at least 3 generations here in the USA, and never heard about an Irish breakfast. Please do tell!

I do make it a tradition to have corned beef and cabbage on St. Patricks day.

javamagic

Reaction score
Full Irish: Sausages, bacon, eggs, black and/or white pudding, tomatoes or beans. Some include hash browns although not traditional. :)

late edit: forgot about toast or bread and butter plus a big mug of Barry's tea.

Last edited:

Latest posts