This website is disgusting!

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Rockman16, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Rockman16

Rockman16 Member

2. 8-ball

8-ball Member

Horrible. Hang 'em high.

3. nynvolt

nynvolt Member

Is that cardboard box included as a genuine Gibson case too? What a deal!

4. TNT

TNT Active Member

5. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

the fakes are looking closer to the real thing all the time. It still baffles my brain to think Gibson isn't doing more to stop this.

6. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

Gibson probably can't do much about a Chinese company, but should at least inform Paypal.

7. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

If I were a Gibson exec, I would assign someone to monitor ebay and craigs list daily and shut that crapola down. I would think one person could handle the job easily enough and it would be very good for GIbson to take an active role in stopping the fakes. Gibson are you listening??? I know the perfect person for the job and he will do it for guitars :roll: One custom shop model a month would do nicely ;)

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Member

Here's a nice site which tracks fake Gibsons - the link will take you directly to the SG section (sorry if this is a repeat post)

http://fibsons.com/category/sg/

[quote author=oldrockfan link=topic=19811.msg240214#msg240214 date=1254531159]
    If I were a Gibson exec, I would assign someone to monitor ebay and craigs list daily and shut that crapola down. I would think one person could handle the job easily enough and it would be very good for GIbson to take an active role in stopping the fakes. Gibson are you listening??? I know the perfect person for the job and he will do it for guitars :roll: One custom shop model a month would do nicely ;)
    [/quote]

Gibson have been libel-happy on lesser (higher quality and more expensive) things in the past - is there a problem about Chinese fakes? What's stopping them?

9. TNT

TNT Active Member

^^Good find Mayfly! If you post that in the SG Copies section, I'll make it a sticky. It might be a good addition to the Links section as well!

10. barbas23

barbas23 Active Member

thanks for the link, Mayfly :)

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Member

[quote author=TNT link=topic=19811.msg240235#msg240235 date=1254556620]
    ^^Good find Mayfly! If you post that in the SG Copies section, I'll make it a sticky. It might be a good addition to the Links section as well!
    [/quote]

Good site. isn't it? I've put a post on the SG Copies section.

12. suicidehummer

suicidehummer Active Member

The Chinese officials are paid off by the counterfeiters to look the other way so Gibson can do virtually nothing. They can shut down websites, but that's about it. It's a wonder they actually got that one woman arrested but she'll get a slap on the wrist at best.

13. hethaerto

hethaerto Member

Here's a feedback left by his most recent buyer:

Not the guitar I first ordered, but still, I received a great guitar, as always! The build quality was so good that the custom officers claimed it was an original Gibson, asking me to pay over a thousand dollars to deliver it!! Very safe packaging, fast shipping! Thanks again.

14. Rockman16

Rockman16 Member

[quote author=hethaerto link=topic=19811.msg240738#msg240738 date=1255676798]

Not the guitar I first ordered, but still, I received a great guitar, as always! The build quality was so good that the custom officers claimed it was an original Gibson, asking me to pay over a thousand dollars to deliver it!! Very safe packaging, fast shipping! Thanks again.
    [/quote]

What a joke! An insider I'm guessing. No right-minded individual would appreciate those unless they were trying to rip someone else off, in which case they wouldn't be right minded.

15. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=19811.msg240210#msg240210 date=1254529219]
    Gibson probably can't do much about a Chinese company, but should at least inform Paypal.
    [/quote]

They can and do. Not too long ago they went after and caught , of all things, a Mother/Daughter run counterfit Gibson operation in China and they are being prosecuted as we speak, Unfortunately, as soon as one operation goes down, another one springs up