Thoughts wanted on a trade for my 1962 LPSGJ

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Heres one PaulG,theres a millwright at work and hes older than me but back years ago he told me he traded a Les Paul Goldtop for a Saxaphone.now i dont remember the year he said the Goldtop was but it was a old one.it was along time ago he said but still. A Saxaphone ??? Enough to make ya cringe

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
LeadFinger this storys for you,back in the late 70s,( im 56 now )my dad traded a rust free Black 57/chevy hardtop for a 72 Monte Carlo.he got this 57 from a friend who had came from the southern states and it was stock and rust free.rare for Oregon.now its original paint was gettin dull and these wernt comanding the prices they are now.the Monte was a metal flake green,black Viynal top,crager ss ect but even then i was like WTF.Nooooooooo.not that it was a bad car its just the 57 was Special.so,its not that what that dude wants to trade the guy for the JR is bad or all new guitars are bad its just the JR is that 57/Chevy that got traded off never to be seen again.

alexander paul

Reaction score
Is that Angus in that gif Alexander?

the one & only, he looks young!

guitar-playing-baby-animation.gif

chard.......its a horrible ugly unplayable piece....... send it to me for DESTRUCTION straight AWAY....now....never mind WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!?!? I have operatives in the area who will pick it up within the hour.........address........now.....do not resist (really its futile) .........I am counting to 10,.....9......................8...........................

your guitar is safe, notice eS.G never made it to 7 but he did better than i can.

heidi-klum.gif

LeadFinger

Reaction score
JohnnyGoo I remember when they were just old used cars. My SS396 was just a 9 year old car with a worn out front end and bad valves. The '57 Chebbies were already classics -- but only the 2-door ones. You could get 4-doors all day for chump change. There was one in the junk yard my brother worked at! Just sitting there being scavenged for parts.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
I friend of mine in the late 70s bought a 70 Chevelle SS.brown with the black stripes,big block.it was the 402.factory 30/overbore 396.it hauled ars.but my all time favorite Chevelle was one this older guy had.bought it new.1966 Chevelle Super Sport.Red,4 speed.Big Block. I remember getting a few rides in it.it had a certain smell.ill never forget that Vintage Chevelle smell.66 is just a beautifull design

javamagic

Reaction score
Does that mean that every member has to chip in with comments, some of which are barely relevant to the instrument in question?

When it comes to regrets we all have them, and not just in relation to guitars sold. I mean if I'd only has the sense to shag that hot girl at the school disco when I was 16 and had the chance... :facepalm: ... and if I'd done things differently would I still be married? :dunno: Still, I don't feel the need to air all my errors of judgement in this thread - because they aren't relevant.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Well guys I decided to keep it in the end and I'm now trying to put it back to era standard. It's just a pain in the ass trying to find a genuine or aged scratch plate. The search goes on.

Thank god..
The Mojoaxe link I posted for ya has exactly what you need!:thumb:
He makes pickguards that are virtually indistinguishable from the real deal..

Latest posts