Tone Master Deluxe Reverb

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Bobbie99, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Bobbie99

Bobbie99 New Member

Just picked up a new Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp yesterday. I traded my older Acoustisonic 150 for it and got a good trade in value. It was limiting for use with my SG-12 and I no longer wanted to use it for my acoustic guitars. I will be mic-ing them.

Not a tube amp but sounds great and easier to use than the 150. Will be giving it a workout and even more so whenI get my Les Paul Access Bengal Burst soon. New Amp.jpg

pancake81 and Go Nigel Go like this.
  2. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Well-Known Member

Nice amp! Nothing wrong with a Solid State amp that sounds good. I love a good tube amp as much as the next guy, but I love any amp that inspires me and gives me a sound (or sounds) that I like and can use to make music. My amp collection is about half tubes, and half solid state. Heck I even threw a digital modeler into the mix this year, as they have come a long way since the 90's.

3. Bobbie99

Bobbie99 New Member

I like tube amps, but the difference in sound wasn't worth the extra 20 lbs to lug around. This one fills the bill for me. I'm just not that much an audiophile anymore. At 71, 24 lbs sounds way better than 44.:smile:

4. chicagoslim

chicagoslim Active Member

HNAD!

I traded my heaviest tube amp, for Tone Master Deluxe Reverb. I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't had a Blackface Fender amp, for a long time. I love the power scaling and the fact that it has two different sounding channels. Besides for the Reverb channel, I've been using the Normal channel with a MFX pedal, for Tape Echo, with a clean AC30 patch. I now have Vox sounds, with a 24 pound amp.

Plus for home practice, I often use the Reverb channel for a microphone. I no longer have to hookup my PA, in the house.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Go Nigel Go likes this.
  5. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Love the Amp, Love the guitar! You don’t see many 12 string SG’s !

6. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for the Tone Master Deluxe owners... There is a patch available through Fender that can be downloaded via USB cable onto these Amps that fixes the reverb issue and also deletes the bright cap mod that these came programmed with from the factory. If you find the reverb is unusable above 4 or 5 like my Deluxe was originally, it's worth looking into.