Trickle down economics ?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Voxman, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Ne_buddy

Ne_buddy Member

Capitalism is an economic structure, and democracy is a governmental structure.

The two are not inseparable.

2. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=20829.msg251171#msg251171 date=1281713724]
    Unfortunately, we may never know if Communism can succeed.

The only country that has adopted it, rather than just using the word to fool the people
    that it isn't Capitalism, hasn't been allowed to do business with anyone else.

There are very few words that cause such an irrational level of fear and hysteria.
    [/quote]

Are you referring to Cuba?

3. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

[quote author=dbb link=topic=20829.msg251216#msg251216 date=1281893847]
    Are you referring to Cuba?
    [/quote]

Yes.

4. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=dbb link=topic=20829.msg251167#msg251167 date=1281710393]
    So capitalism ain't the perfect solution.....
    [/quote] I don't think that there is a perfect solution. Capitalism with some rules is probably the best I can think of. However the playing field needs to be level. What it has become at least in the US (in my opinion) isn't far away from fuedalism. The wealthy just keep stealing from the rest.
    Look at it this way. The big corps. convinced most citizens that they needed all this useless crap that they couldn't afford. What did most do? they either bought said useless junk on plastic or refinanced the house to make the purchases. Were they forced to? In most cases no. They were bombarded with messages through the media constantly to do it. Friends. neighbors and even govt. officials told them the easiest way to prosperity was to spend your way there. Wasn't that one of Reagans lines? All that spending just created a false economy.One most couldn't afford. Especially once they couldn't make the minimum monthly payments. Who benifitted? Big banks did just fine. The US economy suffered. It took alot of average people and made them little more than slaves to the big banks. Now most of those same banks ran into a little financial trouble by playing their own game. They made so much money I still don't understand how they could have gone broke even with totally incompitent people in charge. Who bails them out? The very people they've been screwing for years. Wow, what a system.

5. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

amen!