Ultimate Gibson SG - Does it exist?

papagayo

Reaction score
Reproduction of the early 60's Gibson Ebony Block tremolo can be a cool choice, made in Germany.
59,00 EUR

short-springmount-nickel-new-block_1038.jpg

DKTallica

Reaction score
From what I can see the 800$ difference will get you a nice sticker, some plastic and a fancier bridge. Congrats. I beg to differ, however. The perfect SG is the one that's free and within reach when you need to play.

For me, the neck is very much a selling point with this. As a lefty it’s impossible to find a really chunky Sg special. Also, in removing the pickups, they are labeled Iommi p90 on them. Which confirms my suspicion that they are not stock p90s. They are very hot and growl different than stock. Also the finish is much nicer with the way the wood grain is showing. Definitely worth the money for me. But to your point, if these differences are not important to the buyer, it is a pricey Sg special. But I sure do love mine!

MR D

Reaction score
A perfect SG ?Both aesthetic and playing and Tone wise, take some time finding. Imma sure it can exist and players can even get lucky and find one and make it their own.Kinda Hav their cake and DEVOUR it too !Why not ! If the TONE is right, its balanced. BLACK..w/Ebony Board, '57's or '61' (Mixed even better), throw in MOP In-Lays/DC Diamond Head-Stock, Rounded 'C' profile Neck w/White Rolled Neck Binding, w/Bound Headstock, Chromed Locking Grover Tuning Machines....a Chrome Maestro or Duesenberg LT-II and a Brass or locking Nut......MINE !!!

Col Mustard

Reaction score
I'm with Von Trapp on this subject...
The Ultimate SG is the one you're playing, or the one you're about to play.
Of course we all have our own fantasy model. Mine's below: a faded special with mods
including '57 classic and classic plus.
That's what's interesting about this forum. We might not all agree
but it's interesting to read what gets posted... mostly.
Luna whole guitar@100.jpg

Latest posts