Unusually bad SG's

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Scott Hutchens, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

Not that it matters really, but there's no indication that he has amassed a fortune and his only company has no income and never has. I personally don't hold a person in higher regard if they've made lots of money but usually the more money, the less of a good man (I could give an example here but that would be going political) so if Johan worked at McDonalds that would make him more respectable to me than if he was a millionaire...

2. Scott Hutchens

Scott Hutchens New Member

True, play before pay is always best. That's why I won't order a guitar from online stores. To much hassle sending it back. I order pedals online but that's it. This was a privately owned super-store, I felt comfortable dealing with this place since he always went out of his way to make good on things. I didn't know where other big places were in N.J. & Pa. which had lots of stock and to me would've had a lot less sincerity and would've just wanted to take my money. (I lived in Pennsy). Never saw him stock new SG Standards with vibrola's then, or I would've tried new ones. I have ordered other guitars that were great. I was mainly at fault for not at least having the owner listen to it and trying to diagnose it. Unfortunately, I had a defeatist attitude thinking "Well I bought it, that's the way it is and there's nothing I can do about it". You live and learn.