Upgraded Tony Iommi Ltd Ed SG

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by WytchCrypt, Mar 31, 2020.

1. WytchCrypt

WytchCrypt Active Member

Ya, those cross inlays are the icing on the cake. As far as I can tell there might be another production run coming. Both Sweetwater and Sam Ash (where I bought mine) show them still for sale but currently out of stock, not discontinued. Sweetwater says:

More On Order
    Reserve yours now risk-free, or contact us for more information

Sam Ash (where I bought mine) says:

This item is temporarily out of stock and will require extended delivery time.

Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but it seems Epi might run another 1000 in 2020 ;)

Demon Dave likes this.
  2. Demon Dave

Demon Dave Member

Actually I’m in contact with a guy who’s selling one from 2017, he’s asking 500€ shipped, we are talking about :smile:

Worblehat and WytchCrypt like this.
  3. WytchCrypt

WytchCrypt Active Member

That's great news! I hope the deal works out for you! Even though Sweetwater & Sam Ash say more are on the way, there's no way to be sure with these limited editions...

Demon Dave likes this.
  4. rocknrollmouse

rocknrollmouse New Member

Really like your modding an Iommi SG - considering how he continually modded his to get it how he wanted it, it seems perfectly correct that an guitar built to honour the man should continue his spirit of change to suit the player

Demon Dave, Worblehat and WytchCrypt like this.
  5. WytchCrypt

WytchCrypt Active Member

Thanks. Seems I do some level of mod on every electric I buy ;)

Bought a beautiful black Epi LP Custom back in 2012 but didn't like the pickups so put a Gibson Dirty Fingers in the bridge and some other high output thing in the neck. Bypassed the volume knobs (which I never use) and the tone for the dirty fingers and only left 1 tone knob for the bridge (so I could roll off the treble and get that Robert Fripp 70's King Crimson slippery lead sound). My logic was bypassing unnecessary pots might keep the signal stronger (never measured it to verify, but it sounded logical.) Like the Iommi I also put locking tuners and a roller bridge on the LP. Tried one really crazy mod...bought this thing called a "Stetsbar" which is a drop in trem bridge for LP style guitars - completely OEM, no routing or extra hole drilling necessary (https://stetsbar.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/stetsbar-stop-tail-chrome-stcc-right-hand). It was very tuning stable and fun to have to gently shake and give chords some movement (even in the 80's I was never the dive bomber type) but I eventually removed it because I felt it noticeably reduced the sustain of the B and high E strings. Oh well, not every mod turns out to be an improvement :rofl:

Here's how it looks today...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    rocknrollmouse likes this.