V Times 3

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
I just happened to have all 3 out tonight.

L to R. Epiphone Bonamassa “Amos”, 2004 Gibson, Hamer Vector.

Post yours...

20181217-185647-2.jpg

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Well you blew me away, thats quite a tribute. You get those on musicians friend or something?

Also, Im digging the bar for the Bigsby. Can we get a better shot of that?

Which bar? It’s a B3 bigsby with a Towner bar where the tailpiece used to be. Fender amp knobs.

20181216-222838-2.jpg

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
He might mean that metal bar that straddles the V to which the end of the Bigsby is mounted. That's something I've never seen before.

Blame Lonnie Mack for that!

His bar is better, but he had a B7 bigsby, and I prefer the B3.

E6E8EC4C-1583-45B7-9F9A-DA1DF36E5283.jpeg

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
V of a heavier fare...
The closing solo is worth it. Schenker is fierce.

Schenker is one of my favorites.
I remember that white 70's Gibson Flying V with the "4" on the front that he played when I saw him with UFO in 1994 for the reunion.

Last edited:

Layne Matz

Reaction score
He might mean that metal bar that straddles the V to which the end of the Bigsby is mounted. That's something I've never seen before.
Thats the one, something about that makes the V a bit more pallateable for me- personally i like the fret access and lack of horns only problems I had were the headstock and trying to sit down amd play without putting the gutar between my legs...just feels a little odd. I prefer a normal headstock, plus the pointed one appears more prone to breaking.

Layne Matz

Reaction score
An early 1980's Flying V headstock is more flat at the top.

full
Still... I think a standard open book headstock would look best. The pointy top makes it all a little too pointy, IMO. I also prefer a stoptail versus the pointy string through bridge plate. Like Mr.Kings custom V he plays there with SRV.

Last edited:

plankton

Reaction score
Still... I think a standard open book headstock would look best. The pointy top makes it all a little too pointy, IMO. I also prefer a stoptail versus the pointy string through bridge plate. Like Mr.Kings custom V he plays there with SRV.

Personally I think they wouldn't look good at all with the standard headstock, the pointy one is perfect. I also prefer the '58 style with V string-through plate over the '67 style.

A guy has a '58 Epi korina in black for sale near me, but he's asking too much and I'm traveling right now. If it's still available when I get back I might make him an offer.

Latest posts