perfektnotez

Reaction score
2a25b018-32ad-4caa-b3c8-b8dde9d70cdb.JPG
Hi, I have wanted this guitar, the Zappa Roxy SG ever since it came out in 2013. The problem is, that only 400 were made and they fly off the shelves of the internet every time they get stocked. If anyone has one for sale, or knows someone who is selling one, or even has one at all and can maybe talked to letting theirs go, PLEASE let me know. I'm very close to just calling it quits and buying a SG Tribute and modding it to be like the Zappa Roxy myself. Anyways, I'm still in the market for the Zappa model. I hope you can help!

2a25b018-32ad-4caa-b3c8-b8dde9d70cdb.JPG

Andrei J

Reaction score
I've been to a Dweezil concert in London 2013. He played a few songs on one after he presented it to the public ...it was just before Gibson released it on the market.I guess he had to use it. It looked drop dead gorgeous...but Dweezil got obviously frustrated with it as it would just not stay in tune.
It was probably one of the reason that show never got released on Blu Ray as it was supposed to.

Beamer58

Reaction score
View attachment 43689
Hi, I have wanted this guitar, the Zappa Roxy SG ever since it came out in 2013. The problem is, that only 400 were made and they fly off the shelves of the internet every time they get stocked. If anyone has one for sale, or knows someone who is selling one, or even has one at all and can maybe talked to letting theirs go, PLEASE let me know. I'm very close to just calling it quits and buying a SG Tribute and modding it to be like the Zappa Roxy myself. Anyways, I'm still in the market for the Zappa model. I hope you can help!

View attachment 43689
Hello! I found your message! I have one of those 400 units and I want to sell it. Are you still interested in getting one?

Beamer58

Reaction score
Who? Me? No I really do have one to sell… looking for interest……these are very rare. My serial number is 112230527. I wanted to know if the poster still wants the guitar. Or is the poster the scammer?

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Who? Me? No I really do have one to sell… looking for interest……these are very rare. My serial number is 112230527. I wanted to know if the poster still wants the guitar. Or is the poster the scammer?
Not calling you or anyone a scammer. can we see pics of yours?

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I had a general knowledge of what one of these looked like, but these pics are way better for me to see than what my brain remembered.

Good luck.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
I thought the Roxy had a "Stinger" like this on the back of the head stock, but I see that the front is a painted face and the back is the natural wood color.

1654356175397.png

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
WOW, Dan, That is a UMMM, makes me not feel so bad that I paid $3100 for a '79 LP Std despite spending $350 for essentially the same LP guitar back in 1982.

The Roxy is a beautiful SG, and must have been pretty pricey brand new.
Is it almost like a " Faded" satin finish?

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Dan, hey I see you are from Portland Oregon.

Is it really as scary out there as I hear about with the lunatics running the asylum?

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Dan, hey I see you are from Portland Oregon.

Is it really as scary out there as I hear about with the lunatics running the asylum?
That’s not my listing. I’m coastal Carolina.
We have real estate developers running the asylum.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
That’s not my listing. I’m coastal Carolina.
We have real estate developers running the asylum.
Dan, I likely didn't mean it was literally your ad for the Roxy, but literally with prices like that, like I said, " I don't feel so bad..."

Plus my LP is a real sweet piece I feel goes a long way in filling the void left for over 1/2 my lifetime since I sold my original '79 LP.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
“The one that got away” stories can be sad.
That’s cool you found one that has “it”.
Thanks Buddy.

I am sure you know about the guitar Peter Frampton had stolen and decades later it was discovered and returned.
If that were to ever happen to my '79, I am sure I would know it was indeed MINE instantly.

Sadly, I think the kid I sold it to in 1991, grew up and moved out of state to TX and TN and likely sold it somewhere himself. To ever have hope to buy it back is a longgggggggggggggggg shot. BUT as it was my very first guitar ever, I did the next best thing and got this Tobacco Sunburst LP KM I am hoping to keep until I die.

km epi1.jpg

Latest posts