Washburn VGA 30 Amp. Anyone Interested?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by smitty_p, Jul 10, 2016.

1. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

Hi all.

This amp is not on ebay, yet. But, it will be soon.

This is a Washburn VGA 30 amplifier. It belongs to a friend of mine who will put it on eBay in the next week, or so. I will post a link to the auction when he does. I am posting this now with his permission to generate a little interest. These pictures are pictures I took.

The backstory is that he procured this at a yard sale. He is not a musician, so he really knows nothing technical about it. He does this as a sort of a hobby...he'll get items at yard sales and sell them on eBay. He acquired this a couple of weeks ago and asked me to check it out for him.

The particulars on the amp are that it is a solid-state amp and everything works. The overdrive works pretty nicely, but does not go into a heavy-saturated distortion. The sound is more of a moderate overdrive.

The footswitch jack overrides the built-in overdrive selection switch. I tested the function with one of my footswitches and it works fine. The headphone jack also works well.

The sound is actually pretty nice for a small amp! I would not say it sounds like a tube amp, but the nature of the sound was surprisingly organic, and not tremendously far off from other small tube amps I've played. I very nearly bought it from my friend on the spot. It seems like a rather workable practice amp. I tried it with both my Strat and my SG. I was able to get useful sounds with both guitars.

Overall condition is pretty good. The covering is not genuine tweed, but is fairly convincing, until looked at closely. There are some minor nicks to the covering here and there.

If anyone wants additional pictures, let me know. Right now, the amp is in my possession, so I could take more and post them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Well-Known Member

3. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

Since this will be an auction on eBay, I can't say what the price will be. I don't know what his starting price will be, either.

However, if he starts anywhere close to what he paid, let's just say I've paid more for guitar cables.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Solid state with tweed looks....tricky