Watch this space

Biddlin

Reaction score
Now the wait, should be here next week. I also kicked down for the factory case. My p-90 guitars now outnumber my humbuckers. The individual volumes/master tone wiring scheme for these keeps the middle pickup on and cancelling hum and offering great blending options, too.

arcticsg

Reaction score
Now the wait, should be here next week. I also kicked down for the factory case. My p-90 guitars now outnumber my humbuckers. The individual volumes/master tone wiring scheme for these keeps the middle pickup on and cancelling hum and offering great blending options, too.

Congrats, she's a beauty! :smile:

Sounds like the same setup as the 3 P-90 setup on the Gary Clark Jr SGs. Lots of blending options for sure ;)

HackeIommi

Reaction score
3 P90's, lots of tonal options sounds good to the ears! I like varitone circuits. They are working very effectively well on Blueshawks (with 2 P90's) and BB King Signatures (with 2 humbuckers). With 3 P90's they can do an amazing job!

Biddlin

Reaction score
It's here, but I haven't had time to take pics yet. Plays like a dream and the pickups are super. I even like the Bigsby. (I haven't had to restring it yet.:rofl:) If I get a chance later today I'll take some pics and upload them.

papagayo

Reaction score
2 x P90 and a stopbar is the perfect option for this Epiphone imho.

It is nice.

Biddlin

Reaction score
er1.jpg er2.jpg er3.jpg Update: OK I've had surgery
hd2.jpg
and my hand is working at about 90% again so I've been playing my Riviera as much as time allows. A nearly two month lay-off to satisfy my surgeon made my fingers feel like concrete but I am slowly recovering "touch." I did my first restring and setup yesterday replacing the very good Cleartone 10-46 strings with a set of GHS Boomers 9-42 and did a setup. I got the action down to where I like it and much lower than I would have guessed possible. I'm still totally blown away by the variety of tones I've found. It's only drawback for me is the weight, about the same as my LP Custom. With a wide suede strap it's ok for 15-20 minutes but then comes SG or N-225 time. Overall though I really enjoy playing this beauty.

Last edited:

Voxman

Staff Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting that exact one too. I was in a local mom & pop music store and a cutie came into the store needing a new string she had broken. So I had a chance to play one and was impressed. My vision for it was with 3 gibson "staple" SD pickups, but those 3 pickups will cost more than the whole guitar. I don't remember it being heavy but it played perfectly and was a real looker too, so much so that I lost interest in the cutie In lieu of the cool guitar! Go figure ..
Glad your hand is getting better Biddy as I've been through similar procedures! th_833c24ac-948f-44c2-884d-02f9724e5d58_zps8ed25bc5.jpg elbow looked like that too. Not a fun time but it is cool as the procedure heals and one gets ones facilities back.

Latest posts