Wattson Classic SuperFuzz

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Voxman, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

SuperFuzz

[​IMG]

Capturing the precise tone of the original classic Super-Fuzz pedals of the 60's and 70's was our primary goal in designing the Wattson Classic SuperFuzz. We spent a lot of time analyzing signals from original Shin-ei and Univox pedals, and it paid off in the end - in spades!

We don't think you'll find any pedal anywhere that captures the tone of those classics better than the Wattson Classic SuperFuzz, and we're certain you won't find another one that captures the style and beauty of the originals as well as this one.

But we didn't stop there.

The Wattson Classic SuperFuzz is housed in a 16 gauge steel chassis, tough enough to withstand years of rugged use, with a sandtex powdercoat that has the vintage style with modern durability. We've also added an external DC power supply jack, an LED to indicate when the effect is active, and a unique battery drawer that allows you to replace the battery without opening the chassis.

2. Tricone

Tricone Member

Looks fantastic, Vox! Do you have any soundclips?

3. Voxman

Nah, just found out about it at musictoyz as I used one as a kid .. one setting was chainsaw, If I remember correctly and the other setting was what I used most of the time. I posted it because Pete used one too and there's a lot that were led to an SG because of him too ... no samples yet but when I find one it'll be here! ;)

4. Voxman

5. acdcrocker

acdcrocker Member

Here ya go
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/9387LVG80mc&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

6. revelroy

revelroy Member

WOW! deja vu.
    I still have my univox super fuzz from the 1970's that I used to use when we'd play 'satisfaction'! hasn't worked in a couple of decades though... keep on thinking i'll find someone who can revive it..
    that #2 setting on it sounds very much like the tone george harrison got on the bangla desh version of 'what is life'..

7. Voxman

Royaroodle, He used a Maestro wedge for 'satisfaction' thou I do know that whatever does the job is the right pedal to use ;D

8. man9child

man9child New Member

My friend has a Wattson Superfuzz. I've used it with his Burstbucker LP and my SG Classic through an Epi Valve Junior. It was amazing. Thick, abrasive fuzz. The pedal lacks any kind of subtlety. I can coax a bunch of tones out of my fuzzface with the volume nob on my guitar, not so here. It's either off or it's on, melting your face. Nice ring modulator effects when you play up on the fretboard and with the neck pickup, too.

Also, the same friend used to own a Univox Superfuzz. It was the 70's model, a little beat up as all the orange paint had scratched off so it was mostly blue underneath. He sold it years ago (back when it was hovering around the $150-$200 mark) to finance his LP. Obviously he therefore wasn't able to A/B the Wattson with the Univox, but he was happy with the Wattson regardless.

9. Voxman

Roypittence ... put a fresh battery in `er and If my memory serves me right, which it never does, measure the legs of the trannys and one leg should read 4.5 v or so DC, one leg should be near ground potential but ever so slightly raised and the last leg should be about 0.5v DC above the reading of the last leg! ;D Yea, I know .. shudda youse mouft :)

10. revelroy

revelroy Member

voxy, I know that keef used the maestro, I was just sayin' how I had that univox superfuzz sounding the same. have you ever seen the vid of them on ed sullivan where brian is playing the reverse firebird,and keith is on a modified guild M-65?
    it's a horrible mix and when keef stomps on the pedal, it sounds really weak...