went to GC to try out some of the new G400 Pros

peskypesky

Reaction score
so, I had a little time to kill, and I've been GASing hard for an SG....so I went in to GC to fiddle around on the new G400s.

I have to say, I was damn impressed with the build quality, fit and finish. Overall, just really nice, and the fret-work was well done. I cannot believe how good these guitars are for the price.

I can't decide on a color though. I like white. I like Pelham blue. And I like the traditional cherry. Only this indecision is keeping me from pulling the trigger. THAT, and I already own far too many guitars.

But seriously, these G-400s are fine guitars, and just about erase any desire for a Gibson.

There was a used Gibson SG Special hanging on the wall, and it was only $449. I might swing by again tomorrow to try it out and compare with the Epis.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Oh ....nice seguay Goldmember......spooky avatar man:dude:. Uhm Can I say, this is just 1 mans Opi Onion .....however.
I have been playing for 35 years (and I still suck) but I have played everything from 25.00 generics to 2-3 thousand dollar Gibby wonders...........

I am also a "flipper" and buy and sell guitars all the time so a fair number......I would guess by now nearing at least 300 guitars have passed through my ownership......I have 2 that came.....and will not go. 03 Samick Plant Epi Les Paul 100 and the lovely 2010 Epi Sg G-400 in Arctic White.......they are amazing at any price, but for what they charge, even new ............do yourself a favor and snag one before people find out how good they really are and the prices will jump.....remember what an SGJ was at the START of 2014....and NOW?????? So THEY ARE AWESOME ...now ssshhhhh:squint:

eS.G.

Reaction score
You Sir are a freak............I like that, were gonna have some fun round here lol.

peskypesky what color you gettin??? If you can find one of the Rootbeer burst ones like wookies.......that color is awesome the worn finish is nice....black is.....oh nevermind just get one! DO IT

peskypesky

Reaction score
the color choice kills me. I'm a tall guy, 6'2", so my first inclination is to get a white guitar, as they look bigger. Pelham would be next. And I love Pelham. But the cherry is so classic and perfect. The rootbeer is nice as well. arrrghhhhhh

peskypesky

Reaction score
this pelham blue 1966 model with the batwings is on sale and really tempting me. I love Pelham. I like batwings. I like sales.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007AGZQDS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007AGR6KE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GGRR5JHENBKCBCP7CHK[/ame]

eS.G.

Reaction score

peskypesky

Reaction score
For some reason, I've never been into silver guitars. don't know why.

ghostwolf

Reaction score
Go with the small pickguard model, in cherry. The batwing covers too much of that nice looking guitar.

happy_tom

Reaction score
the color choice kills me. I'm a tall guy, 6'2", so my first inclination is to get a white guitar, as they look bigger. Pelham would be next. And I love Pelham. But the cherry is so classic and perfect. The rootbeer is nice as well. arrrghhhhhh

I thank you for saying this publicly, for I thought I was alone and insane :applause:

Btw. my solution was to get a white AND cherry one :D Would get a pelham too, eventually, but they don't sell here and I already made a mosrite copy of my own in that color...

Goldmember

Reaction score
For some reason, I've never been into silver guitars. don't know why.

Don't worry, Mr. Pesky. Perhaps you love gold so much, too, that no tv silver guitar will suffice. Another option is to get a worn brown series g400. Those come with the older alnico classics.

Happy_Tom! I attended university in Zagreb, and made many trips to Ljubljana. I love Slovenija almost as much as I love gold. I love Anja Rupel (at least, back in the '80s) even MORE than I love gold!

happy_tom

Reaction score
Happy_Tom! I attended university in Zagreb, and made many trips to Ljubljana. I love Slovenija almost as much as I love gold. I love Anja Rupel (at least, back in the '80s) even MORE than I love gold!

Haha, well nice to hear that :) Hmmm, Anja was more likeable in the 80s, but yea...

Either way, readin this thread has revived my GAS for a pelham blue SG now... :hmm:

peskypesky

Reaction score
ha! Just noticed that Goldmember lives in my hometown, and he refers to it by its original name. Muy cool. :)

Reaction score
Go with the small pickguard model, in cherry. The batwing covers too much of that nice looking guitar.

I disagree :)

IMG_20140416_221530_187.jpg

Goldmember

Reaction score
That's right, Mr. Pesky! If one day, you find yourself driving around north San Antonio and suddenly hearing the famous power chords from Tap's Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight coming from some indiscriminate location, that's probably me practicing! :)

eS.G.

Reaction score
How bout a spirited rendition of BIG BOTTOM instead??????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhphrmKdsg&feature=kp]Spinal tap - Big bottom - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and then theres BITCH SCHOOL! Man those guys where song writing GENIUSES!!!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3YD7fNZTI]Spinal Tap - Bitch School - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Guitar_d

Reaction score
Get the white one. So many people have cherry. Plus I'm already getting the blue one off Musicians friend, so don't copy me

Latest posts