What do you all have in your goody box?

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Spunky, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Matt, There is No Such Thing as TOO Late to add to threads. You'll occasionally see a thread that is at least a year old reappear from time to time. :) That's just one of the many things I love about this place as a resourse, you NEVER know what's coming next.

In fact, I'd actively encourage people to trawl through some of the older material on here, there have been sime fascinating topics and there have also been some which are still funny enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Pip Pip
    Lexie ;)

2. Shaulin

Shaulin Member

a bit of an update

• [li] (1) BOSS Chromatic Tuner[/li]
      [li] (2) Digitech Grunge[/li]
      [li] (3) ProTone Body Rot II[/li]
      [li] (4) Digitech Screamin Blues[/li]
      [li] (5) Digitech Metal Master[/li]
      [li] (6) BOSS EQ[/li]
    Also an Ibanez Weeping Demon (Wah) which I hardly use...

3. spacefuzz

spacefuzz Member

modified w new pic
    [​IMG]
    1. Planet Waves sweep/strobe tuner - this things great live, bright lights
    2. Dunlop Hendrix Wah modded w switchable inductors - yay replaced scratchy pot
    3. EH Small Stone Phase
    4. MSD Paranoid fuzz - there's nothing paranoid about this thing, but it still sounds good
    5. Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble - vintage scored cheap!
    6. EH Deluxe Memory Man - I couldnt live without this one
    7. Marshall channel/reverb switch - I don't know why i have this, i never use it
    Homemade pedalboard with removable hinged lid, carpet, latches, wow I never thought taking wood shop would amount to anything.
    I still need to clean up the rats nest of cables and cords.

4. mattchurchill

mattchurchill Member

Sorry to jump in here guys, but can anyone tell me what the easiest way to upload a picture onto this forum is? I've tried to use the 'Add Image' button, but it's not working for me. ???

Cheers, Matt.

5. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Register at photobucket.... load your pix there...... copy the "IMG" there........ and then paste it here.......!

6. SG_Supreme

SG_Supreme Member

My footpedal collection is very limited.
    I use a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, a Hot British Tonebone and a Boss MT-2.
    More pedals will be coming in the future.

7. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Here is my current, but ever-changing board
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. the bacon

the bacon Member

my latest addition

[​IMG]

9. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

I know this thread is years old but I have been gone for years.

I have a new rig for live work!
    '61 reissue or the guitar to the left.
    cable.
    Mesa express amplifier with a tiny bit of analog delay in the effects loop.
    (if you can actually hear the delay, it's too much)

Of course I still record with the '64 deluxe.......

10. sneakerpimp

sneakerpimp Member

[​IMG]

this and eq. only the dirt changes over the years. might add an M-5 someday.

11. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

[quote author=sneakerpimp link=topic=8046.msg263066#msg263066 date=1323192656]
    [​IMG]

this and eq. only the dirt changes over the years. might add an M-5 someday.
    [/quote]

THe M5...I was thinking of adding one too, but when I tried it out at GC no one could make it work! Of course the salespeople COULD have gotten the manual out.....

12. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

Nothin like an old thread taking on a new life. some of us change our pedals around regularly anyway, so let's post some more paddleboards. I like to see what others are running.

So this photo shows my new setup... I'm running a Vox VT-30, which I have modified myself by adding an aftermarket f/x loop. to use this with my paddleboard in front of me and the amp behind me, I made myself a mini-snake. Three instrument cables plus the cable from the Vox VSF5 pedal. I plug my SG into the Boss Blues Driver and cable 1 goes to the amp input. Cable 2 comes out of the f/x loop send & back to the pedalboard, then: Boss Volume pedal, Korg DT-7 tuner, Boss EQ, then back to the amp's fx loop return to be amplified. I use the Blues Driver for an edgier solo, and the EQ for presence or a clean boost.

The big Vox pedal controls movement from one user preset to another, or in the manual mode it turns the reverb on or off, and gives a tap tempo switch for the onboard delay fx. I've had this amp for more than six months, and I feel like I'm still using only about ten percent of what it can do. That's fine, they sell these worldwide to lots and lots of players, all of whom have different preferences. I've created several sounds I like, but haven't saved any to the preset banks yet. I feel like I'm still learning my way around it, which was the idea when I bought it. I use mostly the 'clean' models, which simulate modded Dumble rigs and sound very good to my ear. I also like the Fender Deluxe model and the Fender Bassman, which also sound really good to me.

here's a gallery of what I've done with the VT-30.
    http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/Col_Mustard745/Vox%20VT30%20project/
    I like this little amp. and the new pedalboard works better because I've got the Overdrive in front of the amp. I had set it at the tail end of the fx chain, but the sound was disappointing that way, which is NOT what you want when you step on a Blues Driver. Now that I've got it in front of the amp, it's back to being the Queen of the Pedalboard, and the EQ is the Jack.

Attached Files:

13. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

I guess I'm gonna revive the thread, too.

I really have two rigs, shown below:

[​IMG]

The top board is my main board. I call it my "old school" board. It has two tiers, the rear of the board is higher than the front. I built the board to match the angle of my feet as I swing my foot across the board. Also, the board is hollow. All the 9VDC lines are inside the board and protrude up to the effects boxes. However, I have reinforcing blocks beneath each pedal so it supports my weight when I step on a pedal. I also built all the patch cables myself.

As for the effects themselves. In the rear of the board, from left to right, the small gray box is simply an interface I built where I plug into the amp. Then, I have Boss TR-2 Tremolo and an Ibanez FL-9 flanger. All the way to the right is an A/B box I built so I can switch between two guitars. I built it with a resistive tuner out jack which connects to the little Korg tuner which you see plugged into it.

In the front of the board, from left to right, I have an expression pedal for my delay. The next box is the delay, itself. It's an Electro Harmonix Memory Boy. Its all analog and sounds good, though probably not as good as some others. But, I really like the expression pedal jack on it. It allows me to adjust the delay time on the fly without bending down to turn a knob. Next is an Ibanez CS-9 Chorus. Next is a Boss DS-1 that I have modified a LOT. I put the Monte Allums Tri-Gain mod in it and it makes a big difference. In stock form the DS-1 is pretty fizzy and thin, but the Tri-gain mod is pretty good. Next, is my Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer that I modified to the TS-808 specs. Then I have my Dunlop Crybaby and the Ernie Ball Jr. Volume pedal.

The bottom rig is my Line6 Pod X3 Live. The Ernie Ball pedal attached to it functions as a second expression pedal. All in all, I like the Line6 and have gigged with it alot, but it does give the sound a bit more of a processed character and is a little less organic sounding. But, it is a lot of fun to set up and does a pretty good job.

14. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

That is a wonderful design on that top pedalboard.

15. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just wanna keep it simple.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  16. smitty_p

dbb - Thanks alot. I do like the board and its pretty ergonomic, which matters alot to me. But it is pretty heavy and big. It still has room for more pedals, but there isn't much I'd like to add, maybe a compressor. I will, though, add a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 to it. Right now I'm just daisy-chaining my power.

17. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dig ergonomic designs. I think that's what attracted me to this pedalboard.

Here are the two I'm using right now - the layouts change periodically as needed:

[​IMG]

the rock board

[​IMG]

the jazz board

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  18. smitty_p

What are those Fab pedals, and how do you like them?

19. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Those are Danelectros and they sound terrific.
    I use their delay pedal a lot and I really like it.
    The fact that they sound as good as they do
    and are as inexpensive as they are makes me
    wonder about the price of "botique" pedals.

20. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

I agree; they sound very good and are CHEAP. I have never been a "boutique" pedal guy...600ms delay for under 30 bucks....I like the OD, distortion and fuzz, too.