What is this SG, need help...Possible 70s Kasuga?

sgdetective

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have an old SG guitar bought from a second hand guitar shop in Budapest some years ago. After some research, it seems like a Kasuga model but unfortunately it has no serial number or anything on it. How can I identify this guitar? Will there be any other indicators inside the neck or in the pickups that I can check? Im adding some pictures...

Attachments

• sg7.jpeg
    sg7.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 36
  • sg6.jpeg
    sg6.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 31
  • sg4.jpeg
    sg4.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
  • sg5.jpeg
    sg5.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 31
  • sg3.jpeg
    sg3.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 34
  • sg2.jpeg
    sg2.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 32
  • sg.jpeg
    sg.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 31
  • index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31

HackeIommi

Reaction score
It is hard to identify these kinds of guitars. They were active during the beginning of the 70's. But they were small brands. Many of them couldn't survive until the end of the 70's. Idk is there any sign inside the neck pocket or pickup cavities or on pickups. When I looked at the Uncle Google, I couldn't find any useful information about them.

sgdetective

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I havent bothered with the guitar so far to remove the neck or pickups but would I find something useful down these places normally? Otherwise I wouldnt want to risk it too much as Ive never done those before.

HackeIommi

Reaction score
Well, Idk can you find something useful. I never owned the Japanese guitars of this era. I think to do not the risk is more logical at this point. I hope someone who has experience can answer better than me.

Fergyuk

Reaction score
I have a 70's Antoria SG clone made by the FujiGen factory, Japan which has similarities to yours.
YTY58ke.jpg

Latest posts