What is your favorite guitar ?

papagayo

Reaction score
My favorite is an SG Standard made in 2000, perfect neck profile, low action, great sound (490R/498T), I have a very good feeling when I play this SG.
I love the look of this Second Millennium Ltd Edition with gold hardware, the bridge is a stock Gibson ABR-1 and the Gibson/TKL case is really cool.

SG Standard 2836.JPG

MR D

Reaction score
Favourite Guitar ? Mine is a 2017 SG Standard w/'57's stock.....MONSTER Guitar and best SG I ever played/owned/touched.....I find, in general, that any SG Standard will provide me with a guitar that suits my needs.... for life ! IMO a player just can not go wrong with an SG Standard !

Last edited:

NMA

Reaction score
I don't understand the question.

Favorite guitar? And that question is posted in a 'Gibson SG' subsection of a Gibson SG forum? Are we to only say our Gibson SGs are our favorite guitars?

Westernrider

Reaction score
Charvell-03 - Reduced.jpg

Not counting any of my SG's, I've grown very fond of a Charvel Dinky.

I've never owned a Fender guitar ..... I hate them! Strats, Tele's .......I hate them! Jaguars, Jazz Masters .... I hate them! The average Fender neck radius! I hate them! Strat bridge pickups .... I hate them! Volume and tone control set ups ... I hate them!

[ Note: Gotta give Fender credit because they usually do a better job than Gibson with their sunburst finishes. ]

A local store has been a Charvel dealer since they opened. I never gave them a second glance, as they had the Floyd Rose tailpieces. Besides, they looked like Fenders.

When the new Dinkys came in stock, the owner suggested I try one of them.
Within 2 minutes of playing time, the guitar was screaming "Get Me - I'm Incredible" The store had three S-S-H Dinkys, and I picked the one that I felt the most comfortable with.

A year later, Charvel introduced a 22 fret Dinky and the store received one of each color. Again, after trying all three, I picked the Gold 22 fret Dinky. With the slightly shorter neck, the guitar feels incredible different from the 24 fret
Dinky. By themselves, both are incredible playing guitars. When I play them back to back, I much prefer the 22 fret version. And yes, these are very versatile guitars.

papagayo

Reaction score
I don't understand the question.

Favorite guitar? And that question is posted in a 'Gibson SG' subsection of a Gibson SG forum? Are we to only say our Gibson SGs are our favorite guitars?

And if I post in the Other guitars section nobody can reply Gibson SG ? LOL

NMA

Reaction score
I guess I'll play. But I'll differentiate between favorite guitar and best guitar I own.

Best guitar I own is my Fender Strat. It is the most perfect guitar and it has five, count 'em, five useable selector switch positions. The Strat is the ultimate guitar. Looks, playability, and tone all score 10 out of 10.

1654786850405.jpeg

However, my favorite guitar that I own is my Midnight Blue Rickenbacker 330. I modded it with oven knobs, but outside of that it is perfect the way Rickenbacker made it. I simply love the look, tone, and iconic heritage of the Rickenbacker name. Best looking guitar ever made. Plus, I am a treble freak. Nothing gives crystal bright, sparkly treble better than a Ric.

IMG-0381-Edited.jpg

MR D

Reaction score
The pickup is from Seymour Duncan, but I can't remember exactly what it is. The original single coil lives in the case.
an early 1960's P-90 then ? WOW, I know people that would pay BIG $$$$ just for the pickup....collector types, never played a note in their lives...I'd sure like to hear that pickup.

IDK how players are getting pics to post here.....I tried everything I can think of....and NO.

Latest posts